• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

17' throttles not aligned

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st run with the new 17' AR240 and noticed that it was hard to keep both motors rpm in the same ballpark. When I get them close they are misaligned by about a quarter inch. Also, the port side has throttle drop and clatter. My manual is in the boat but I believe I read online that the adjustment is under the throttle cover in the new boats to fix the drop. Is this correct? Also what about the clatter. Thanks guys, love this site!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other than that, so far so good. No water out the the drain plug, motors are so powerful. Will know more after I take it out a few more times.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The throttle cable adjustment is in the engine compartment this is pretty common in these boats but an easy fix. Below is a video of how to do it,

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 looks super simple, thanks for the info. Will that also stop the clatter i feel once in awhile on the port lever?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clatter may be a poorly aligned reverse gate....if it hangs too low, it gets in the jet stream and rattles the throttles.
10-4 I will check that as well

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 looks super simple, thanks for the info. Will that also stop the clatter i feel once in awhile on the port lever?
Lol I have the exact same boat and both the same issues. I know how to fix both boat the boat went straight to the marina the first time out and I have not pulled it yet I plaan for both to be off season projects. I do need to drag the oil extractor down there and do the ten hour oil change though.