• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'17 X - outdoor storage speaker bar protection?

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone with a '17 212X figured out a way to protect the WetSounds soundbar on the tower? Living in rainy Oregon I've noticed that with the tower folded down water collects in the speaker cones. That cannot be good. For now I've taken the half a$$ approach of standing the tower back up and wrapping it with a tarp. I would really like a more permanent solution like a matching cover to the Bimini?
Anyone find a solution?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone with a '17 212X figured out a way to protect the WetSounds soundbar on the tower? Living in rainy Oregon I've noticed that with the tower folded down water collects in the speaker cones. That cannot be good. For now I've taken the half a$$ approach of standing the tower back up and wrapping it with a tarp. I would really like a more permanent solution like a matching cover to the Bimini?
Anyone find a solution?
Can't you rotate the sound bar so it is pointing down when the tower is down? On mine they didn't leave an inch of wiggle room on the wires....but if I were storing it, I'd just unplug the nice plug on it and rotate it.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can't you rotate the sound bar so it is pointing down when the tower is down? On mine they didn't leave an inch of wiggle room on the wires....but if I were storing it, I'd just unplug the nice plug on it and rotate it.
For the winter I'll just pull it off and store it in the garage, but for spring and even early summer it would be nice to have it ready for any nice day. I have not tried to rotate it, but I'll check that out when I get home. Just trying to protect my investment. I'm pretty sure that even the rain running down the back side of the speaker over time won't be good for it.