• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2005 Yamaha AR230 HO For Sale (PA)

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buying a house so looking to sell my 2005 Yamaha AR230 HO that I have owned for almost 3 summers. Older photo of trailer and boat attached, can provide additional photos if interested. Regularly serviced each season. New spark plugs at beginning of season.

$27,000 OBO

Trailer Improvements:
Bunk Boards
Brakes, Brake-lines, Calipers, Discs
All new trailer tongue
New lights and wiring

Boat Improvements:
Seadek
All new ipholstery (2nd season)
New OEM Cover (1st season)
Cleanout Plug Repair Kit (2nd Season)
Sound system: 2 batteries, 6 kicker speakers, 1 sub, 2 amps (a little over $2,000 in total)

Attachments

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PRICE DROP!!!
Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I'm looking to sell quickly.. now asking $22,000.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow can't believe that people are not all over this.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
More pictures may help and the hours listed

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never checked the hours on the engine.. my understanding was you needed to buy Yamaha software to check it.

I'll upload more pictures when I get to the lake this weekend and have a chance to take some.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Buy the software if you think the hours are low or bring it to a dealer otherwise I would think that they could be close to 850 if used 50 hours per year

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your thoughts.. if I get lots of questions about it, I'll look into getting the software. Might just look into it now in the meantime.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for your thoughts.. if I get lots of questions about it, I'll look into getting the software. Might just look into it now in the meantime.
The software you need is about 60.00 on Ebay.

There's a PWC repair service called Pittsburgh Watercraft located near Cheswick Marina, they repair Yamaha boats also. Give them a call and ask them what they would charge to pull the hours. I had one of my SeaDoos throw a code and I took it to them to pull the codes and he didn't charge me anything to do it. I'd help you out since I still have the software, but when I sold my Yamaha I gave the new owner the cable.

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The software you need is about 60.00 on Ebay.

There's a PWC repair service called Pittsburgh Watercraft located near Cheswick Marina, they repair Yamaha boats also. Give them a call and ask them what they would charge to pull the hours. I had one of my SeaDoos throw a code and I took it to them to pull the codes and he didn't charge me anything to do it. I'd help you out since I still have the software, but when I sold my Yamaha I gave the new owner the cable.
Appreciate the heads up!

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump.

Sorry no photos yet.. prior obligations and bad weather I haven't been able to get to the lake to get some updated photos.
I also plan to take my boat and get the hours checked on it at a shop when I pull out of the water in early October.

In the meantime, if anyone has any other questions, let me know.
Thanks!

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally some updated photos! Going to try and get hours next week if the weather is nice and I can pull it and trailer it home for the summer.Back.jpgStarboard.jpgStarboard 2.jpgPort.jpgRear Seating.jpgCaptain Chair.jpgDash.jpgBow Seating.jpgStern w Cover.jpgBow w Cover.jpgEngine Compartment.jpgBattery and Switches.jpgElectronics and Amplifiers.jpg

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat has 1200 hours on it as reported by the mechanic today. He mentioned that the information pulled is only for the electronics and not necessarily engine hours. Can anyone confirm this? If so, engine hours are probably much less considering I run the stereo all day in the coves for 3 summers now.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Boat has 1200 hours on it as reported by the mechanic today. He mentioned that the information pulled is only for the electronics and not necessarily engine hours. Can anyone confirm this? If so, engine hours are probably much less considering I run the stereo all day in the coves for 3 summers now.
If he pulls the hours using YDS software he should have gotten a file he could give you with the hours, hours per RPM range and any error codes thrown - this is the ONLY way to get hours out of a Yamaha (pre connext screens). So assuming he did indeed pull the hours, your boat has 1200 hours on one engine....makes me wonder what the other has though!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1200 wow that is high do it yourself

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Get the print out with the YDS that would help you immensely

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am doubtful about the hours that your mechanic mentioned I had that year boat and know what items start to wear at 1200 hrs the value would drop dramatically my recommendation is to get the software and read the hours. My brother is looking for a boat and he found one with 500 hrs I told him that's to high keep looking

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it only shows hours while the engine is "on" not just key power activated, it is actually reading the ECU (not the engine) so if the engine or ECU were replaced it could be an incorrect reading,

The report will also give you a breakdown of time ran at different RPM levels, I was really surprised to see how much of my time was spent at less then 2k rpm

if you have any question about the mechanic, take it to a jetski shop, the boat uses the same software as the skis, you don't even need to run the engine to read the hours,