• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 sx210–1 of the engines won’t start, please help

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The engine turns on and then shuts down immediately after🤷‍♂️

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The engine turns on and then shuts down immediately after🤷‍♂️
Did you pull it out of the water to see if something is stuck in the impeller or around the shaft? Are any of your check engine lights on?

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for answer,i checked the plug on the deck i put the hand on it and look like clean, i’m going to check from the bottom, no lights on, any other possible causes?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it turns over and actually starts? Then almost immediately shuts off?

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I don’t know... Spark plugs good? Oil levels fine? Any loose connections?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m gonna try thanks i keep you posted guys

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys, i checked all the things we mentioned, spark plug ok,oil level ok,lanyard and hatch also, but nothing, is look like the motor don’t receive enough gas 🤷‍♂️, the other one start perfectly, i gonna call my mecanic i keep you posted, thanksss

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Carli. So it starts when you turn the key on. Does it stop as soon as you release the key? If you hold the key in the start position for 5 seconds will it run for 5 seconds then stop as soon as you release your key?

My question seems kind of strange but if you are getting those exact conditions you may have water in one of your wire connectors back near the engine compartment. I had water in the connector where you hook up the YDS computer cable. As soon as I dried it out it ran fine. When checking the connectors do it one at a time. Put each one back together if you find it dry before opening the next connector.

The other possibility is a defective ignition switch. You can simply move the wire harness from one switch to the other to test this theory.

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is exatly how you described, if i old the key its like wont start until I release the key

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Carli. So it starts when you turn the key on. Does it stop as soon as you release the key? If you hold the key in the start position for 5 seconds will it run for 5 seconds then stop as soon as you release your key?

My question seems kind of strange but if you are getting those exact conditions you may have water in one of your wire connectors back near the engine compartment. I had water in the connector where you hook up the YDS computer cable. As soon as I dried it out it ran fine. When checking the connectors do it one at a time. Put each one back together if you find it dry before opening the next connector.

The other possibility is a defective ignition switch. You can simply move the wire harness from one switch to the other to test this theory.
Thanks tomorrow i gonna try👍👍

Carli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys good news, was something very simple, DIRTY or WATER IN GASOLINE!!!my mecanic solve the problem in 15 min, he rmove the gasoline hose after we make sure the gasoline pass good on it, he put the motor on N and turn it on giving big acceleration, after a couple of intent we made it.... thanks to everybody for answer my questions🙏

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s what I love about here engines! It usually something simple! Glad it was for you. Thanks for the follow up. All a learning experience for everyone.