• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 - 2009 AR230 Mooring Cover Options.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This thread was started to find and look at different options of Mooring covers available for 2007 - 2009 AR 230.
Please share what you use.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure the year models makes much difference to the answer. I typically use a custom made bow and cockpit cover that snaps on. I will use the Yamaha mooring cover on occasion, but not often.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@lspeed Just replaced my 07 AR230 cover with another OEM one. There just is not anything that fits unless you get something custom. Though I just saw an advertisement for a product called Outer Armour by commercialsewing.com. It says to order it from Yamaha. I don't know anything about it but the website has some info. I didn't see prices but they make them for various models and makes. I wish I would have saw this before I purchased mine. It might be worth looking into.

Here is a pic though not that good
IMAG0349.jpg IMAG0348.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My yamaha mooring cover is holding up well. I think I will treat it this year for more waterproofing and UV protection. There are a couple of seams I will resow but nothing major. I would buy another. It is the only cover we own other than a green over-tarp for winter. Cam.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lawson2479 . Our OE mooring covers and shipping covers are made by the folks at commercial sewing. I have been to their site and it looks as they only deal with corporate accounts. Large scale..understandably. I was just looking at what options were out there. I love my Yamaha mooring cover. Best most folks have ever seen in my area. Great to use. The price is just so high. But that comes with boating right..

nucleuscracker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With wet slipping our boat for the past 6 years, I finally decided last spring to have a custom snap on cover made. The challenge with the mooring cover and the slip was how much of a PITA it was to install and remove. Not to mention the damage to cover from the rub rails rubbing against the dock. Snap on cover was also Wife friendly and Wife approved. :)

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the owner of a 2007 AR230 for 15 years my best recommendations after seeing how good your original vinyl looks is to start and continue to treat your vinyl with Areospace 303 and wax the hull to keep it from oxidizing every season.

I wish I had and now I am looking at replacing and repairing both

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the owner of a 2007 AR230 for 15 years my best recommendations after seeing how good your original vinyl looks is to start and continue to treat your vinyl with Areospace 303 and wax the hull to keep it from oxidizing every season.

I wish I had and now I am looking at replacing and repairing both
Wow, you blew 9 years of dust off this one. Lol

Last edited: