• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

2010 212SS - trying to figure out reasonable selling price

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I think the only option I have is the galvanized trailer. That said, all fresh water use. Has a few scuffs on the hull from ill placed docking. Other than that in pretty good shape. Always stored indoors and professionally serviced. I estimate @60 hours. I bought in spring 2010 so have had 3 summers. I put new radials on the trailer last summer. Pricing ideas?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Best bet is to look up the blue book value, and then judge your boat against other 2010s on the market. If you list where you are, you might get an offer of someone to come and read the hours for you. That would be helpful to know for sure.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks. I did look up on NADA - is that a good source? I'm presuming retail numbers are sales by dealers or private parties? I'm in Upstate NY - not seen a lot of 212SS's for sale let alone 2010's unless I'm not looking in the right places... On the hours - there is an hour meter but I'm not sure it's accurate. Is there another means to get the hours via the engines?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I did look up on NADA - is that a good source? I'm presuming retail numbers are sales by dealers or private parties? I'm in Upstate NY - not seen a lot of 212SS's for sale let alone 2010's unless I'm not looking in the right places... On the hours - there is an hour meter but I'm not sure it's accurate. Is there another means to get the hours via the engines?
There is a more accurate way to read the numbers if you have the YDS (Yamaha Diagnostic System) It is composed of a software disk and special cable to access each engine's computer. You can have a local dealer do it for a small fee or, as @Julian mentioned if you post your location in upstate New York there may be another member up there, with the YDS, that would do it for free. Just saw your last post where you got the hours read.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first place I would go to is boat trader to establish a pricing baseline. For there you can try to compare the age and condition of your boat and price accordingly. Time of year and your desire to sell should be taken into account as well. You are correct though, many of the Yamaha's are not easy to find on the used market and generally hold their value well if properly maintained.