• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed 2011 SX240 only 83 hours

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I have decided to go ahead and put my 2011 Yamaha SX240 on the market as I'm looking to get a new boat. Price is firm no haggling here but also look around and you will find my asking price is more them fair in fact it maybe the cheapest one currently listed on the net with the amount of hours it has. Just this year alone upgrades include Led lights throughout the boat, new Yamaha premium mooring cover, Seadek installed, speakers replaced with Kicker led speakers, second battery and switch added and JL 10 inch sub and amp. I'm sure I'm missing more but will update as I remember them. Trailer has had new bunks and carpet installed, new break pads, new break lines, new radial tires,new brake shoes, upgraded tongue jack and upgraded winch all this year. Boat has aprox 83 hours on it. YES warranty just expired in May when I had it in for service so I had the boat thoroughly gone through at the dealership to get any warranty issue that needed addressed done while it was there. Mechanically the boat runs great no issues at all also pulled the stickers off the side this year to give it the naked look. Boat had new throttle cables installed last season. I have had the boat over 50 mph and the tach registers top speed recorded at 52 mph. Edit for new items I have forgotten: new bearings on trailer also new rotors, New keel gaurd, Sony MEXBT-100 head unit and new rear seat filler cushion. I'm selling this for the same price my dealer is offering me on trade in on a new 242 so my price is firm. Only reason I'm looking to sell is I would like the opportunity to possibly buy used.

Also available on ebay so you can qualify for there buyer protection and other options through them on finance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-SX240-only-83-hours-video-added-reserve-well-below-book-value-/222438136012

Attachments

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My prediction.....This boat will sell within a week! Looks like a great deal!! Good luck!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Zarrella I think it will take 3-4 weeks probably wont sell till I post it on craigslist and boat trader in a week or two. Most on here already have a boat but wanted to offer it here first. I actually hope it doesn't sell in a week if it does I maybe a little disappointed I was hoping to use it for a few more weeks lol.
@robert843 I wouldn't count on many more trips with that boat Sir, I'm with @Zarrella here, LOL.
I think your pricing it like a pro.

--

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We'll get some pics next weekend when I'm there with me in my speedo. Guarantee it'll sell then.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 Good luck with the sale. Hate to see her go. For those of you lurking at this boat as you review the post, I will vouch for Robert and this boat. Great deal here on a well cared for boat.

I'll wait for the new post when you buy the new one, but maybe after riding on @Andy S Cobalt for several days, I am laying bets there maybe one of those in your future :)

zbrady107

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Other
I'm interested - please be sure to send me those updates pics when you get the chance. For the head unit is that just a standard single din unit? I've got family local in Charleston so making a run down there "shouldn't" be awful lol

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude......I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). We are screwed until Spring/early summer. I have had zero hits on my boat in the last 2-3 weeks and it's on Boat Trader. I thought about dropping the price but I don't think it will matter. I'm just going to let this contract expire with Boat Trader and then relist in the Spring.

PS. Nice boat by the way.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That boat, at that price. . . will sell like hot cakes when people get the itch in the Spring. You'll be able to cover any winterization/storage costs easily.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Lol....up the price coming out of winter!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How has this not sold yet?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow...
You guys are killing my resale value!
Can't believe it hasn't sold. Insane.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I feel I will be in the same situation as you @robert843 but I may get lucky and sell mine local. We are just trying to decide if we want to go boatless while we shop and get approved for a different boat. Any means GLWS.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Somebody needs to buy this boat!!!!:winkingthumbsup"

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Being new to jet boats, I don't have any of my own experience here. But, they're making a big deal on the improved sound deadening in the newer models.

So, just how loud were/are the older models? Is it loud enough to scare me into looking for a '15+? This price range could feasibly allow me to pull the trigger a whole lot sooner than I've been envisioning.

I don't really see a whole lot of WOT use in my future. Most of my use now is around 30mph. So, that's where I would be primarily concerned. 'Course that could change depending on how awesome it is! Lol

Thanks!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol I know right. I will raise my price in February to not bring everyone else value down.
I plan on listing my 2011 210 for 26500 so you're not hurt my value at all. Took it out yesterday and made a video of it running and putting that together now then it will be for sale

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome, that's kind of what I was thinking. I'll have to talk to the wife, but will certainly keep this thread handy.