• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 242 limited s throttle sync

Steinwandj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know this topic has be discussed at length, but I know there is someone out there with the direct answer to my question. Is there a way to have both engines use one APS (temporarily with maybe a double throw switch) and if so which wire is the output wire from the APS?
My thought is that these act like a potentiometer with a bios voltage (input) and an output. If I take the output from one APS and connect it to both engines they should be both receiving the same Accelerator position and thus syncing the two engines. Is this possible without messing with the ECM?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did consider using the 6 pin connections for my own DIY speed control before deciding to try the cruise up and down route first. Then ridesteady came along already complete and I just bit the bullet. They are 5v ref pots with the 5v ref coming from the ECU. I do not recall which wire is which out of the 3 but Yamaha does a good job labeling wires. That plus a multimeter should answer the needed questions. I will say that the ECUs are separate and doing something that links the two in anyway is not something I would recommend especially if there are issues. The neutral safety switch, reverse safety switch, engine harness with eng on wire, and some resistors all play a role. I would be very very careful if trying to slave one engine to the other even if just the voltage output of the aps.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this topic has be discussed at length, but I know there is someone out there with the direct answer to my question. Is there a way to have both engines use one APS (temporarily with maybe a double throw switch) and if so which wire is the output wire from the APS?
My thought is that these act like a potentiometer with a bios voltage (input) and an output. If I take the output from one APS and connect it to both engines they should be both receiving the same Accelerator position and thus syncing the two engines. Is this possible without messing with the ECM?
I'm sure it can be done, and @Mainah would make it sync and light up w/strobe LEDs, speed sensitive, and multicolor.

For Everyone Else, there's @Ridesteady!

--