• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR190 - Alarm code - help :(

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jbflx did you talk to your dealer to see if they could tell you how to look back and see what the code was?

@Ziess21 @B_Mutter @RiverValley
can one of you check with your service department to see if they know a way to look back after the error code has been seen and now just a flashing (AL) appears on the screen,

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got back from the lake after letting the battery disconnected overnight only to find out that the alarm is still present- blinking.

the good news is I was able to find the trouble codes and the engine status listed is 01 - "Normal"

I also filled up with gas and was able to load 19 gallons so I don't think this is a low gas warning
after all AR190 gas tank's suppose to hold 30 gallons.

I've checked the oil level, took out the spark plugs to inspect and re-gap them if needed - all was perfect

PS super pleased to find out that servicing this engine is a breeze
sparks plugs looked exactly like my 07 4runner's even the denso made in thailand oil filter looks the same (different product codes)

Engine trouble codes

01 Normal
13 Pickup coil malfunction
15 Engine temperature sensor malfunction
18 Throttle position sensor malfunction
19 Incorrect battery voltage
23 Intake air temperature sensor malfunction
24 Cam position sensor malfunction
29 Intake air pressure sensor malfunction
47 Slant detection switch malfunction
48 Incorrect data transmission
54 Bypass valve motor malfunction
55 Steering switch malfunction
63 Intake air system malfunction

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@jbflx does your no wake/cruise assists switch work?? That actually throws a code when it isn't working. Seems like everything else on your boat is running fine according to your previous posts....

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
both work just fine - I use them extensively
I wonder if you forget to re-plug one of those water drains ... happens to me a lot

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you talked to anyone a the dealer or directly with Yamaha on this?

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not yet I wanted to fill up with gas

I didn't put more than 20 gallons in the gas tank (capacity- rated as 30 gallons )

Would this trigger a low fuel warning ? from what I learned in my 1st week of ownership the low fuel gauge\warning is highly inaccurate.

but I wont know for sure until next time on water ...

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I noticed my AL will flash when I am in the menu's cycling through things. It doesn't flash or even show up once I pick an item to look at. For example, if I switch between looking at how much fuel is left back to water depth, once the gauge switched out of the selection mode, the AL goes away.

I took an extensive look at this yesterday as I was curious about it as I had seen it before and thought it was just for the depth gauge?? Anyhow, I went in the diagnostics/ calibration area of the gauge and for engine condition, it said normal :) Is it possible you are seeing the flashing AL when cycling between the menu functions and it is not doing it during normal operation?

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The AL was still flashing continuously during normal operation but .... after I filled up with gas ( 19 gallons ) the alarm went away :)

So I am guessing a very unusual (for me) early low gas warning with more than 1/3 of tank left.

Still I'd like to know exactly how to read an ALarm - shouldn't be that hard :confused:

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well, with that said, I filled up with 22 gallons the other day and I don't think I ever received a low fuel alarm. I was pretty low on fuel yesterday (around 1/4 or lower on the little gauge) and no alarms. Hmmmm

RiverValley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys! Been too darn busy for personal time so I haven't been on here in a bit! I've definitely not had this happen before so I'll talk with the guys in the shop and see if they have any ideas. Is the boat cooling properly/spitting exhaust water out the nozzle steadily? The AL does show up when you're in no-wake mode, would that be when you're seeing it? Let me know on this stuff and I'll see what the techs think.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The AL does show up when you're in no-wake mode, would that be when you're seeing it? Let me know on this stuff and I'll see what the techs think.
I think this may solve the issue or lack there of!! It also shows up when you are scrolling through the menu!

RiverValley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The guys in the shop were stumped on this but they did say that the boat would record that alarm code if it were actually notifying you of an overheat or any other kind of issue. In theory you should be able to haul it in to your local dealer and see what's up!

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately (or rather fortunately) after I filled up the tank the alarm is gone
PS only 19 gallons were needed to fill up the 30 gallons tank - was this low fuel alarm ? - unsure - definitely will keep you posted if this happens again (once I hit a third of the tank)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Vito Aiello

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine did the same thing. Could be a stored code or an old alarm for low fuel or battery voltage.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The AL does show up when you're in no-wake mode and you are scrolling through the menus

Vito Aiello

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started my boat in the driveway and immediately the check engine light came on & alarm sounded. I shut it down & fired it back up & acknowledge the alarm with the AL flashing. Not sure what it was but gonna have it checked out at the dealer. Not the battery because the manual says it will say low or high voltage. Not the fuel because there is a low fuel display. It was just CHECK ENGINE with alarm.

Vito Aiello

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The owners manual says possible sensor. The last time I had the boat out it ran fine. I had just did the ribbon delete & no codes no problems. This is the first startup in 2 weeks from that boat outing.

Benjamin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok well mine is doing same thing. I have a 2012 ar190. When u start up the alarm sounds and ck engine appears, if u press the M on the gauge the alarm is silenced but like yours al is blinking. Did u ever resolve your issue? Thanks