• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Scarab 195 HO Impulse Check Engine

SSLouis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey all new to the forum, I recently boat a used Scarab 195 and it's running great. Yesterday while out in the bay I went to start it up started moving and the check engine light came on. No codes displayed. I've tried the pushing set 5 times to display them and nothing. Mode+Set to reset. Nothing has worked to clear this code. Checked all the fuses/connections. I had to drive it back from the bay and it drove and handled just fine. It wasn't idling itself it rode like it does without the light on. When I did get it back I filled it up went to restart it and got a low voltage warning that soon turned off with the engine started. But the engine light stayed on. I'm going to test the battery but is there anything else I can do to display this code without having to drag it out of my well and to a dealership to read this thing. Thanks all help is appreciated

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi,

I can't help you on this issue since my Scarab has not seen any water yet ^_^

Maybe @Administrative should move your post to the Scarab section, this would help having the Scarab guys to see it.

Good luck!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @SSLouis

I need more info to try and diagnose the issue.

1. How many Hours?
2. How old is the battery?
3. Did you try to run the engine, and disconnect the battery?
4. How many hours were on the boat when you had the last service?
5. Is the battery on a trickle charger?

SSLouis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Julian Yeah you can move it feel free and thank you. I went out and tinkered with it a bit and it seemed to reset once I got moving. I may need to install a second battery. My thought is I probably ran the battery low and triggered a bunch of low voltage sensors off in the engine. Now all seems fine the boat has 35 hours so I thought great what a waste but I'm 99% sure that was the issue

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If Check Engine is ON but no fault code is being displayed in the Fault scrolling menu, that would mean there is no "Active" fault in the system but you are still healing a "Previously Active" (Occured) fault.
The gauge only displays "Active" faults, while the Check Engine light is turned ON after the 2nd consecutive drive cycle with an Active fault being recorded.
The Check Engine should normally turned OFF after 3 consecutive "Healing" drive cycle, meaning cycle with no Fault code being monitored. This is similar to Automotive OBDII.
"Occured" faults stored in the system can only be seen using the dealer Diagnostic Tools.
The Low Battery voltage fault would create the Check Engine to turn ON, but it should eventually turn OFF.

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hey all new to the forum, I recently boat a used Scarab 195 and it's running great. Yesterday while out in the bay I went to start it up started moving and the check engine light came on. No codes displayed. I've tried the pushing set 5 times to display them and nothing. Mode+Set to reset. Nothing has worked to clear this code. Checked all the fuses/connections. I had to drive it back from the bay and it drove and handled just fine. It wasn't idling itself it rode like it does without the light on. When I did get it back I filled it up went to restart it and got a low voltage warning that soon turned off with the engine started. But the engine light stayed on. I'm going to test the battery but is there anything else I can do to display this code without having to drag it out of my well and to a dealership to read this thing. Thanks all help is appreciated
Thanks for sharing the Set = Show code trick, and the Mode+Set = Reset. Good to know for those who do not have the manual handy.