• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 trailer hitch help

Kooter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I just got a 2014 242 limited s. The trailer hooks up to the ball differently than other trailers I have used. Can anybody tell me what the other metal piece is that also hanging with the lock pin?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a key that you can put in the slot on the side to lock the slide to keep the brakes from engaging when you back up. The backup lights normally lock them out, but if the electrical is not working or you don't have it hooked to a car, you can use the key.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2014 212x and mine has “Surge breaks” and it’s a pain in the ass any time trying to back up any type of incline. Do you’re self a favor and get one of these.

I imagine ur is the same as mine. I will upload a pic in just a minute..

* Edit Here it is

Attachments

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use a large clamp that is wide enough to reach across both sides.

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just put a 5 pin or 7 pin adapter plug to your vehicle from your trailer so when you plug into your vehicle it disengages the brakes when you backup.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another alternative to a “D” key is to tape a nickel into one or both sides/slots of the actuator. Not high tech but of the solenoid is dead, you lose your “D” key it will work.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2014 212x and mine has “Surge breaks” and it’s a pain in the ass any time trying to back up any type of incline. Do you’re self a favor and get one of these.

I imagine ur is the same as mine. I will upload a pic in just a minute..

* Edit Here it is
Fix your wiring harness and you wont have this pain! I've never used the backup "key"....for me it is a backup only if the solenoid goes out!