• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2015 242 limited S come with

I am waiting on a response from the dealer to make it right before i make it public.

This is crap. They knew these things were wrong, I suspect, which is why you got the deep discount. They should be honest with you and give you the option.

@john94si - I edited your title to say "242" instead of "243".

Yea thanks on title... and i found out the trailer and boat were not shipped via semi as usual. The boat was driving from Atlanta 2 days before by an individual so the trailer has like 600 miles on it already. I am guessing he hit something while driving it down and bent the left wheels. The rights were fine.

How did you find out the boat was driven to the dealer? Sounds like you are making progress. Hope the dealer makes good on this.

Boats are traded between dealers all the time. Some dealers won't sell all their inventory and will sell it to another dealer. Those boats will be delivered via trailering vs on the truck. They don't always disclose that they picked up someone else's inventory, and I don't know that it would be a problem usually. My first boat was a leftover, and inventory acquired by my dealer from another dealer. I didn't have any issues but that doesn't mean that they didn't hit something along the way. Have you looked at the tires really good where the bend is? Is there a visible scuff mark on the tire? Can you visually see the bent rim? The only big issue I have ever heard of from dealer inventory being bought and sold by another dealer, is that members a few years ago ended up with a boat built and delivered in California by Yamaha, but sold in another state. That member found that they have California emissions on their boat and felt it lowered the HP rating and was not happy with that. Following that, California laws prevented Yamaha from selling certain lines of boats for a couple of years in California. That dealer didn't disclose that his inventory had come from another dealer either. All dealers are just not created equal, some of that may just be the salesman, some may be the dealerships philosophy, and some may be the industry. Generally speaking, there is always a reason for a reduction in price, as the dealer network rarely discounts these boats, unless they are either leftovers or dealer released inventory. As I sit here contemplating your situation, I remember that my previous 230 was not trailered from the first dealer, it was not even delivered to them, but it was their inventory. It was in 2009 when tons of boats were not sold due to economic conditions. Yamaha had a glut of them that were never delivered due to dealership failures as well as dealers just flat refusing them. I am not certain, but mine may have actually been shipped to the dealer direct from Yamaha in Vonore, Tennessee, where they are built. I hope you get a straight answer and that they take care of any problem they were responsible for!

Is is OK to tow with the mooring cover in place at highway speeds?

Also its a galvanized shorelander does nyone know if its a 5 or 5.5 inch wide rim?

ST215/75D14 tire size

Is is OK to tow with the mooring cover in place at highway speeds?

Also its a galvanized shorelander does nyone know if its a 5 or 5.5 inch wide rim?

ST215/75D14 tire size
Yes. It is ok to tow at highway speeds with the mooring cover in place. However, I suggest lowering the rain poles or just not installing them while towing to reduce the strain on those concentrated areas.

I thought the new Premium cover was intended to tow poles in place? The old mooring and trailering cover, that you can still buy and is still made, is designed to tow poles removed. On a side note, I wouldn't tow without that cover on it at highway speeds.

Yea I have seen those but they are easily cut with basic bolt cutters.

Yea I have seen those but they are easily cut with basic bolt cutters.

I only bought it because they were on sale at Academy. They will only keep honest people honest. I haven't found any other type locks. I will watch this thread for anything different. I worry more about the trailer when it is attached to the truck at the launch.

None of the hitch locks I have seen fit the square hitch tongue lock.

Back