• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 galvanized trailer question

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ok on a new shorelander for 242 limited s. It was delivered without brake fluid. It would alway snatch when leaving a light or stopping. The dealer finally filled and bled the system the brakes finally work.
But I cant back up. When I try the brakes lock up. The "pin" I was told for service only. Whats their the correct way to use the pin for reversing or towing.
Notice the dealer applied painters tape to hold the pin in as it does not stay at all
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The key at your finger tip is used when backing the trailer when the trailer is not electrically connected to your vehicle. When the trailer is electrically connected to your vehicle, the blue wire of the plug (4th pin) is energized when in reverse and energizes a solenoid to release the brake hydraulic pressure allowing backing up without locking up the brakes.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok that makes sense. As I always unplug the lights to put it down a ramp to save the lights. Guess I can't now.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok that makes sense. As I always unplug the lights to put it down a ramp to save the lights. Guess I can't now.
You can if you use the key to prevent the surge actuator from slide back.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Get the 5 pin plug , it bypasses brake fluid when in reverse . I leave mine plugged in when launching . Most boats have LEDs any ways .

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I always leave my lights plugged in...especially now that I have LEDs.

Be sure you have a 5 pin plug on your tow vehicle.

If that pin is left in, it disables the brakes regardless of the direction you are going, so you can't leave it tapped in!