• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242 se touchscreen repair?

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So my winter punch list includes trying to repair the touchscreen on my 2016 242 se. THe price now on the gauge even if you wanted one new is $11 grand!?!?! Who makes the gauge and has anyone had any luck sending it off for repair?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nope. I bought a used one on this site. Got super lucky.
At least five other members here passed when I offered to sell it them on the same terms. Whereas you jumped right on it without hesitation. I think you paid me soon after i got the shipping quote to you. Hindsight is always 20/20 but it’s got to hurt if that much more now for the guys that passed on the deal now that the new price for a still backlogged part has increased 500%.

@Jongottschalk , have you searched this forum for possible fixes? I’ve seen a lot of posts on how to reset the display screens but didn’t flag any since I have a pre connext model boat.

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
At least five other members here passed when I offered to sell it them on the same terms. Whereas you jumped right on it without hesitation. I think you paid me soon after i got the shipping quote to you. Hindsight is always 20/20 but it’s got to hurt if that much more now for the guys that passed on the deal now that the new price for a still backlogged part has increased 500%.

@Jongottschalk , have you searched this forum for possible fixes? I’ve seen a lot of posts on how to reset the display screens but didn’t flag any since I have a pre connext model boat.
Yes, have done all the fixes and short of sending it off for screen repair (and no one does it), Ill have to live with the joystick

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, have done all the fixes and short of sending it off for screen repair (and no one does it), Ill have to live with the joystick
At least you have options. Why not send it in for repair? What’s the expected repair cost and how long will it take? I’m pretty sure other similarly situated members would be willing to go that route of the price and/or timing is right.

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
At least you have options. Why not send it in for repair? What’s the expected repair cost and how long will it take? I’m pretty sure other similarly situated members would be willing to go that route of the price and/or timing is right.
Have not found any one that repairs the touch screen part

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length