• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242x service manual...

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone have a service manual that they could use to check the torque spec for me on the port side water intake screen. I’m replacing it because when I was under the boat greasing the trailer zerks I noticed that it was broken. The only thing that I can think of is that when we sucked up the wake board rope a couple of seasons ago we must have broken it. I have not noticed anything different and saw no signs of damage to the impeller or the walls around it. By visual comparison both sides look identical. I feel extremely lucky!91396

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't have a service manual for the 242X, but do for an SX230 and the design is pretty much the same. Unfortunately it doesn't show a torque spec:

Just wants you to use loctite 242 (blue) (Apply LOCTITE® No. 242 (Blue LOCTITE))

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks so much!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can find torque specs online for a given fastener. I belive the female threads are aluminum so the metallurgy, diameter, pitch, and depth will be the limiting factors. I don’t know if the online charts account for the loctote being applied but that is a factor as well.

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, that’s awesome!