• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242x stereo upgrade

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm looking to get more of everything out of my stock system. I really want some heavier bass, it's a little light. To go from stock to where i want it, I was going to do the following:

1. Replace my 6 factory 6.5" with higher quality, looking at Rockford Fosgate M2 with lights
2. Add another sub and replace the current sub. I believe I have a 10" sub (polk). I am going to swap that for 2 - 10" Rockford Fosgate subs (RGB lights)

With just that upgrade, would I need to do anything with Amps?

Lastly, I am guessing I need to replace the 6" tower speakers (cans). Rockford fosgate makes a 6" rgb can that would match the other speakers, but it's like $1000... ouch.

Do I need a 3rd amp to run this? If so, do I have to replace the other 2 amps? Any other opinions welcomed

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since you and I have the same boat, one of the things I would highly recommend is to take the sound bar out of a series hooked up and give it dedicated amp power. To do this I added an amp. Now that I have one blown channel on my Polk 5 channel amp, I am thinking about replacing all 3 of my amps with 2 larger amps (one 8 channel, one 6 channel).

If you haven't already, you will want to add speakers at the helm.

See #16 & 17 in my signature 242X link