• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 bimini in way of Surf rope

goforbroke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So took the boat out and trying different ballast for surfing. We had the bimini up and went to pull a surfer, but surf rope hits the bimini in the rear section and I'm afraid it would break bimini. Any one else had this issue. So I took bimini down to be able to surf today. Ideas to still use bimini and surf? is the 2016 the same bimini as 2015?

Thanks

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know on mine I have to have the rear poles in the lowest setting. Make sure you're using the last set of holes in the bars. It will be real tight but it should clear. Although with surfing you're using a much shorter rope than wake boarding so it may not work because of the angle.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't you just run the rope under the rear part of the Bimini?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@goforbroke - Can you feed the rope under the bimini, zip open the hole for the mount, then put your line/rope on and zip it close?

That way your rope will ride under the bimini. Just a guess bud.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I though the 2016 mount points were under the bimini already. . . . or is that just on the 242X?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe that is just on the 242X with that funky top mount. @Julian - can you clarify?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

goforbroke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@goforbroke - Can you feed the rope under the bimini, zip open the hole for the mount, then put your line/rope on and zip it close?

That way your rope will ride under the bimini. Just a guess bud.
bimini is under the mount piont. there is a zipper that I can feed through, but when rope goes tight I"m pretty sure it would be pulling the bimini up. might need to try and thanks for the suggestion. I think this would be a big deal to a lot of people.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the new Bimini top but if you feed the rope from the mount under the Bimini the part the rope goes over may be pulled down a little if that part of the top is tight but the back half of the top should not contact the rope at all unless the person at the end of it can lift it higher than the tower mounting point which I don't think is possible in a wake surfing context.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
bimini is under the mount piont. there is a zipper that I can feed through, but when rope goes tight I"m pretty sure it would be pulling the bimini up. might need to try and thanks for the suggestion. I think this would be a big deal to a lot of people.
As a few mentioned above technically the "Yamaha" answer is to lower your bimini to the last position on the aft poles. But as you know....that's friggin hard! I feel like I'm about to tear mine though so we haven't done that yet.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length