• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S Audio Upgrade

Dalesy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've had a local audio installer add 2 -800 watt arc amps, 2 - 12" wet sounds subs and 2 - 6" kicker tower speakers. Wish I would have spent the $$ and wet with bigger wet sounds tower speakers but that can be next on the list.
Question i have is that I've heard good things about the NOCO Genius 2 bank on board charger so purchased and installed this evening. The plan is for it to recharge 2 - Kinetik HC3800 power cells that are responsible for providing power to audio. I hooked each set of leads to each Kinetik battery (batteries connected in parallel) for audio and once plugged in get a nasty humming noise from the speakers. It doesn't sound normal to me. Any ideas on what i am doing wrong??
PS - Original batteries for start and house still on board and are running what they were designed for.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Two batteries connected in parallel is one bank not two. Only use a single bank charger for that setup or pull the fuse from one of the leads from the current set up to turn it into a single bank. Those “power cells” are really giant agm batteries but about 35% bigger than group 31 agms and designed for higher amp loads. They will take awhile to charge as a single bank but have plently of instant amps once charged.