• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha Connext <delamination>

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I notice that my connext unit is starting to dilaminate!!
I was wondering if anybody else is having these issue!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I notice that my connext unit is starting to dilaminate!!
I was wondering if anybody else is having these issue!!!
dealer is 5 miles away? :)

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got any photos of this?
Unfortunately it won't come out clear in the photo but the boat is that dealer now for plug leak and this.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sure they just didn't fail to take off a clear protective cover on it?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be interested in what the dealer has to say about both issues. Delam on a screen intended for a marine environment in just a year is not encouraging. Neither is the number of folks popping up with plug or other leaks.

Granted you will folks join a forum because they find an issue making the number seem greater than it really is. Given the number of pre-existing members who have the same issues I think the leak issue is as wide spread as the shorelander trailer issue.

Granted nearly every product has a manufacturing defect and failure rate but it would seem that the 2015 plus Yamaha rates are climbing.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah the leaks seem pretty common on the 15+ models its a little disheartening.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would be interested in what the dealer has to say about both issues. Delam on a screen intended for a marine environment in just a year is not encouraging. Neither is the number of folks popping up with plug or other leaks.

Granted you will folks join a forum because they find an issue making the number seem greater than it really is. Given the number of pre-existing members who have the same issues I think the leak issue is as wide spread as the shorelander trailer issue.

Granted nearly every product has a manufacturing defect and failure rate but it would seem that the 2015 plus Yamaha rates are climbing.
Dealer called today and claims that Yamaha denied the claim on the Connext unit because is not inpering the view yet. I found it to be a joke since I told them since November 2016 3 months after I bought the boat. My service rep told me that they where going to try again or give me the number so I can contact Yamaha my self.
At these point I'm beginning to think that Yamaha warranty is a joke, how can they denied a claim on a boat that is only 6 months old!!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like they are trying to avoid replacing it until it is out of warranty (and at your dime and not theirs). Hope you get this resolved and wish you the best of luck!

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like they are trying to avoid replacing it until it is out of warranty (and at your dime and not theirs). Hope you get this resolved and wish you the best of luck!
That's exactly what I told the dealer today!!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If it delams all the way to the edge it will fail from moisture intrusion at some point. So is not delam at the edge somewhere. If so the argument it is no longer water resistant.

I am the type that is fine with making improvements to things I just bought. It is when things break prematurely that I get peeved. A boat that leaks from the get go should not be allowed in the water no matter how small the leak. A featured component like connext having a defect so quickly should also be unacceptable.

My old 1997 seadoo challenger 1800 only ever had two issues in the many years I owned it.... port and starboard engine rebuilds because well 2 strokes wear out around 400 hours. It never leaked, the gauges always worked, the trailer never cracked.

Yamaha has some great designs. They just need to improve their engineering, quality control, and stand behind their product. Hopefully competition starts eating into their market enough to force a change for the better.

@Jamie - What did they say about the plug leak?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guessing he will get the same response it seems many others did. We are working on it and 6 months later he will finally be sick of them working on it and he will go get the boat bring it home and seal everything up himself or he will get either we couldn't find the leak or the we fixed the leak response but will shortly find out the boat is still leaking and will wind up sealing everything up himself to fix it.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If it delams all the way to the edge it will fail from moisture intrusion at some point. So is not delam at the edge somewhere. If so the argument it is no longer water resistant.

I am the type that is fine with making improvements to things I just bought. It is when things break prematurely that I get peeved. A boat that leaks from the get go should not be allowed in the water no matter how small the leak. A featured component like connext having a defect so quickly should also be unacceptable.

My old 1997 seadoo challenger 1800 only ever had two issues in the many years I owned it.... port and starboard engine rebuilds because well 2 strokes wear out around 400 hours. It never leaked, the gauges always worked, the trailer never cracked.

Yamaha has some great designs. They just need to improve their engineering, quality control, and stand behind their product. Hopefully competition starts eating into their market enough to force a change for the better.

Well said!!!
Plug leak won't be looked until Thursday of this week.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guessing he will get the same response it seems many others did. We are working on it and 6 months later he will finally be sick of them working on it and he will go get the boat bring it home and seal everything up himself or he will get either we couldn't find the leak or the we fixed the leak response but will shortly find out the boat is still leaking and will wind up sealing everything up himself to fix it.
Don't worry before that happens I will get my attorney involved!! They better fix the leak and I will tested at the dealer before bringing the boat back home.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
which plugs are leaking? the drain?

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes is the main drain plug at rear center of the boat.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
and yamaha is having trouble sealing those? thats basic!

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know and I already replace 3 plugs with the same results. Is now 1 week and still no word from the dealer, I'm so glad this is not happening in the middle of the summer.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If it is leaking out of the plug and you have tried 3 different plugs then the issue is the machining/casting of the aluminum receiver that also holds the rudder. Might try different o rings to find one that works (not that you should have to).