• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 212 Limited S Stereo Head Unit

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Everyone, so I am gearing up to upgrade the stereo on my 2018 212 Limited S and I need some help. I want to start with a 10" 500W powered Sub, and a pair of Rev 8s for the tower. The powered Sub will be direct wired, and the Revs powered with a 2 channel Amp. My confusion is regarding the outputs for the head unit. From what I can see there are two right now (Labeled front and rear.)

Questions:

1. Am I good to plug the REVs into one output of the head unit and the Powered Sub into the other?

2. If I wanted to install a 2nd amp to power the stock Polk speakers how would I do this? Since there are 6 speakers would I need a 6 channel amp, and then how would I add it to the output in the head unit? RCA Splitter?

3. How do you hook up a multi channel amp with multi RCA inputs to a head unit with one output? Meaning the head unit will have one red & white connection (Even with a splitter.) So how do you add another Amp down the line?

I may be making this much harder than it needs to be but I want to make sure I do this first phase right, and leave room for future expansion.

Thanks Everyone!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lots of stuff about stereo upgrades on this forum. Check under FAQs. @Julian can guide you better than I can. Good luck.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length