• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Charleston Pinopolis Lock Cooper River Run/ Hilton Head Gathering 5/12 and 5/13 2018

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay thank you for the input it's kind of reasonable is very good so again I will get back to you by the end of the weekend.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Okay thank you for the input it's kind of reasonable is very good so again I will get back to you by the end of the weekend.
Don't feel stressed to get us an answer by the weekend. As long as we know a day or two out we will be good. We just want to make sure @robert843 or I have all our duckling with us before we leave our respected ramp.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are we needing to try to lock down reservations already?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry I have been lazy I have updated the first post with those who plan to attend and their launch points and plans for their stopping point. @ACrews are you planing Hilton Head as your stop or are you planing to stop in Charleston? I have marked @Joshua Miller @Mark @BigAbe75 and @Hilario Perez as possible participants if that changes let me know also if anyone who is committed has a change of plans let me know so I can update so we can keep track of who we expect to be there and no one gets left behind.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was wanting to do the whole trip, but as the wedding will be happening 2 weekends afterwards, I'm worried I may be trying to do too much. @robert843

Meg knows I want to try at least one leg of trip since this is one of my favorites, but don't want her thinking I'm ditching out on her if we have stuff to do.

We'll be in Exumas on the 27th. I'll just try to plan loosely for now

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nah... i dont think we are in this year.... gotta save my nickles for june!!! HH is kinda far south for a weekend run. The bullwhip can only get the kids up so early!

Wesley D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is anyone staying near the Hills Point launch site? I'll be coming in the night before launch from Raleigh.
My wife son and I will b there Thursday night. Blue GMC and Blue boat.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Andy S @robert843 When should we be making reservations? I believe I have approval from the wife for a boys trip, and talked to my brother tonight. We would plan to do both legs of the trip.

Don't move me to the confirmed list, yet... but I'm feeling better about it. :)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Feel free to do so at anytime we don't usually do any kind of group rate especially this year not knowing who will go where. I have already booked a 2 bedroom condo at Marriotts Harbor point resort in Hilton Head they have a 7 day cancellation policy I think so as long a you cancel a week out you won't be billed I have not contacted the marina yet but will probably do so in the next 30 days.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What are the chances that a group dinner or something would be arranged Saturday night? I'll probably look for a little simpler accommodations. My brother and I aren't going to need a full condo. Lol But, would want to be nearby for any social gathering.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What are the chances that a group dinner or something would be arranged Saturday night? I'll probably look for a little simpler accommodations. My brother and I aren't going to need a full condo. Lol But, would want to be nearby for any social gathering.
There is a Days Inn within walking distance to Shelter Cove Marina. It not a Marriott but it wasn't bad either. Definitely fine for the night and it's cheap. There are a host of restaurants at the Marina that could be a nice gathering spot for a group dinner. Definitely no need to leave the Marina area IMO.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL I was just getting ready to say I knew @Ramblin Wreck stayed at the Days Inn. I'm sure for those of us going to Hilton Head we will make a plan to get together on Saturday Night. Especially @Andy S will plan on being out Saturday for those who don't know the Frank the Tank character from the movie Old School was actually based on him so he will be partying

upload_2018-2-22_23-2-32.jpeg
upload_2018-2-22_23-2-55.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There is a Days Inn within walking distance to Shelter Cove Marina .
Sounds fine to me. I saw a Hampton Inn too, but looked like that was a couple miles away. Walking distance sounds awesome.

Did I see $3 /ft with 30 ft minimum on the boat slips? That’d be $90 for a slip? Or, was I looking at the wrong thing?

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds fine to me. I saw a Hampton Inn too, but looked like that was a couple miles away. Walking distance sounds awesome.

Did I see $3 /ft with 30 ft minimum on the boat slips? That’d be $90 for a slip? Or, was I looking at the wrong thing?
I do believe that’s accurate. We had 4 skis in a slip and if I recall correctly we all had to pay $3ft. If it helps it’s very protected with nice floating docks and everything is right there.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
oh boy! counting down the days this looks to be a great trip. Dinner Saturday night in Hilton Head sounds grest to me.