• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Seadoos

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty nice lineup, although maybe a bit less flair than I expected for the 50th anniversary. I'm anxious to check out a GTX230 and RXT230 in person. 3up trixx is dumb and it's certainly not as attractive as last year. GTX Limited looks pretty sexy. Direct access front storage is awesome. Stereo system option is badass as well (and not silly overpriced like yamahas). Still unsure how I feel about the LinQ storage system.

What say you, @ScarabMike ? You're about due for another new ski, ain't ya?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Stereo system option is badass as well (and not silly overpriced like yamahas).@ScarabMike ? You're about due for another new ski, ain't ya?
I can't see where is says but I'm guess the sound system on the SeaDoo is not JL Audio, just basic marine grade speakers, so that has a lot to do with price. I would think that if it wasn't basic marine grade they'd be advertising what it is.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even still. I could buy the seadoo complete system, replace the speakers and amp with jl stuff, and be at 50% the price of the yamaha system. No sub, but a jl sub is $200. It doesn't add up.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The new features/options sound great. What is the top the line seadoo now and what does it retail for?

I saw the big new one yamaha released last year, the gp1800 i think, at my local dealer last year and my jaw dropped when i saw the $18k stricker price, dont know if it included the trailer but sure it excluded tax. for another $10k they were selling an ar 190.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Couple different top of the line models pending what you're after. The GTX Limited 300 tops the scales around 17K. The RXP-X and RXT-X are right behind it. All 3 can crest 18K pretty easily with options and trailer. Definitely getting crazy. The 230hp gtx or rxt is right around 13-14 though, which I could stomach. That's not too much more than what I paid for my yammies.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got low hour 2011 and 2012 GTX Limited iS260 (?) coming up for sale. They are in non running condition. Just been sitting for a couple years. They would require some mechanical tinkering to get running but nothing extensive.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The new features/options sound great. What is the top the line seadoo now and what does it retail for?

I saw the big new one yamaha released last year, the gp1800 i think, at my local dealer last year and my jaw dropped when i saw the $18k stricker price, dont know if it included the trailer but sure it excluded tax. for another $10k they were selling an ar 190.
Yamaha's GP1800 is only $13,999, and from the looks of the results of all the races its by far the fastest watercraft on the market!

Yamaha's most expensive WaveRunner is the FX Limited SVHO and it's only $16,899, and when you factor everything it comes with, it's a value.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure my dealer's price includes a substantial fee for set up/prep, etc. for example,
The first $5k spark was $6800 there.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The GP1800 is a rocket....scary fast for this old man! I could only drive it full speed for short stretches as I couldn't see far enough ahead to know if I might hit a wake and launch myself into orbit (or at least put myself in traction!).....

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ill comment more when I get to see these improvements in person. And please dont talk about the Yamaha/JL Boom system.... $2800 for a set of speakers, and an amp. Eff that.

I personally had a Yamaha with the SVHO engine. I had nothing but issues, and the hull was complete garbage. It would become unstable, and almost unrideable at speed. I have put 147 hours on my RXT-X 300 without one issue what so ever. Best watercraft I have owned.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got low hour 2011 and 2012 GTX Limited iS260 (?) coming up for sale. They are in non running condition. Just been sitting for a couple years. They would require some mechanical tinkering to get running but nothing extensive.
Hmmm. . . .I'm coming to FL in Feb. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even still. I could buy the seadoo complete system, replace the speakers and amp with jl stuff, and be at 50% the price of the yamaha system.
No way. . . . Where you getting these figures from?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No way. . . . Where you getting these figures from?
Which? The seadoo system is a $700 option. Swap for JL coax's at $200 and a $350 amp and we're still not even at 50% of the $2800 yamaha system.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which? The seadoo system is a $700 option. Swap for JL coax's at $200 and a $350 amp and we're still not even at 50% of the $2800 yamaha system.
Ah, I mis-understood. . . . I thought you were talking about the total cost of the ski. . . . .

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah, I mis-understood. . . . I thought you were talking about the total cost of the ski. . . . .
lol, nah. The skis seem to be priced pretty evenly through my research. If I can find a buyer for one of mine, I'll be taking a hard look (and delivery) of an RXT I think.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol, nah. The skis seem to be priced pretty evenly through my research. If I can find a buyer for one of mine, I'll be taking a hard look (and delivery) of an RXT I think.
Ill be in Winston Salem on Monday. . . . whatchu got? = )

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
An overpriced '16 FX HO Cruiser with no trailer. lol

In all seriousness, that's the model I was looking at. Why you want to ditch it?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wouldn't say I want to persay, it's perfect for my needs. I just really like some of the new Seadoo features and figure if I can get what I want out of mine, I'd buy one. If not, I won't. Kinda in the same situation with the boat. Not gonna give either one away, but if it sells, everything happens for a reason.