• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha 12.3" Connext System - Bluetooth Issue

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did they fix the 12" screen so you can see the gas gauge when the engine isn't running....that is one of my pet peeves with my Connext.....go to get gas and can't see the level once I've turned it off.....stupid.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did they fix the 12" screen so you can see the gas gauge when the engine isn't running....that is one of my pet peeves with my Connext.....go to get gas and can't see the level once I've turned it off.....stupid.
Gas and depth always displayed. You gain water temp & audio info with engines off

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, I was watching the level last weekend while I was filling up. Hope to get out this weekend, but weather here in Raleigh area is looking very rainy. Sucks any weekend.... really sucks when you've got a new boat and it's Memorial Day weekend and you want to be on the water....

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll admit, that I was a little confused when I first saw the post about the fuel level not being able to be seen after turning off the engines. I went back and made sure that all released versions of the software worked the same and they did in regards to the fuel gauge. It is always present on the left hand side of the 12.3" display and does not leave when you shut down the engines. The only possible way I thought of that something similar might happen is on the 242-LTDS, when you turn both keys off to shutdown the engines and you do not turn them back to center. Then the engines will shutoff and the system will shutdown completely, but if you just turn them back to center after the engine is off, it will keep the system from shutting down.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll admit, that I was a little confused when I first saw the post about the fuel level not being able to be seen after turning off the engines. I went back and made sure that all released versions of the software worked the same and they did in regards to the fuel gauge. It is always present on the left hand side of the 12.3" display and does not leave when you shut down the engines. The only possible way I thought of that something similar might happen is on the 242-LTDS, when you turn both keys off to shutdown the engines and you do not turn them back to center. Then the engines will shutoff and the system will shutdown completely, but if you just turn them back to center after the engine is off, it will keep the system from shutting down.
The fuel level does not show on the 2015-2017 Connext when the engines are off. I can confirm for my 2016 AR240. Unless I'm looking at it wrong, which is entirely possible, lol.
Personally, I tend to use "gallons used" and that indicator does show at all times, trick being to reset it while filling up (and it is not useful for partial fill-ups). But not being able to see fuel level with the system on is an issue.

--

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fuel level does not show on the 2015-2017 Connext when the engines are off. I can confirm for my 2016 AR240. Unless I'm looking at it wrong, which is entirely possible, lol.
Personally, I tend to use "gallons used" and that indicator does show at all times, trick being to reset it while filling up (and it is not useful for partial fill-ups). But not being able to see fuel level with the system on is an issue.

--
Now I understand. Since the 12" display was called out, I thought he was talking only about 2018 models.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah it definitely shows. Gassed mine up at the dock last weekend and one of the kids was keen on reading off every number from 37 to 100 while I was pumping....

plsiskin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
So, this worked..... Pressing that button with the 3 lines did it. When I initially did this, I just got a message that said loading. I wasn't very patient and only waited a couple seconds before pressing another button and switching screens. I was out on the boat yesterday. Pressed that button and it took probably 10 seconds. After that, the "Discoverable" option came up. Pressed that and then RA70 showed up on my phone. It worked just fine..... guess I need to learn a little patience. DID NOT have to mess around with the rear controls. Did everything on the Connext screen.

Uploaded a picture of the screen after I got it connected.
I have a 2016 242 S. My radio is doing the same exact thing but I don't have the same menu you mention. Anyone with a 2016 have instructions?

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone had any issues with all the media components on the connext screen being locked and unable of being unlocked?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Turn the radio off at the back. Turn the radio back on from the Connext. That should do it.
I’m having a heck of a time, right now. Had some low voltage on my batteries after a couple stormy days and not being plugged in.

After charging up, all the other communication errors went away. But, I can’t turn the radio on through connext. I can turn the head unit on/off and see that Bluetooth is connecting and songs are playing. But, it won’t turn the amps on. Connext just says “turn stereo on” and the button does nothing. All the media selections have a padlock.

At this point, I’m ready to just take it to the dealer at the end of the season and use my little Bluetooth speaker for the rest of the season.

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Still no luck all media on connext media screen stays locked, even if I shut the swim deck unit off. It will not unlock at all im dumbfounded someone help....lol

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2018 242 limited S Im having issues pairing anything to the media tab on the connext screen...I can pai to the deck unit but all other media on connext screen is locked...I am also throwing communication error depth transducer see attached pic. Ive disconnected the batteries and adjusted the depth gauge with no fix...can someone help...im also having issues unlocking the media components if anyone has a fix for that...thanks in advance

Attachments

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On my 2018 242XE once I hit Bluetooth I connect to Bluetooth RA94 on my phone and I’m in.

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nope...all my media on connext has a locked insignia next to it

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2018 242 limited S Im having issues pairing anything to the media tab on the connext screen...I can pai to the deck unit but all other media on connext screen is locked...I am also throwing communication error depth transducer see attached pic. Ive disconnected the batteries and adjusted the depth gauge with no fix...can someone help...im also having issues unlocking the media components if anyone has a fix for that...thanks in advance
If you’re getting those communication errors, you probably need to charge your batteries. That cleared up this issue for me.

But, I still can’t get Connext to recognize the radio is on either. I’m afraid I’ll be getting a new Connext screen in the off season.