• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So for the fixes. The anchor locker drain is “unfinished” just a hole drilled in the compartment. I’m going to finish it off with silicone and a grommet. The aft live well light doesn’t work, also the live well pump intake is completely siliconed over, need to address both of those. The over head “compartment” in the hard top is screwed shut. I’m hoping There’s room in there for a VHF, need to open it up and see what can be done, possibly put some hinges on it for access. I haven’t opened it up yet, so I’m not sure what’s in there and even if there’s adequate room for anything. The rear seating compartments are basically extensions of the engine compartment, not sure how to utilize those, and the fire extinguishers are in there, makes no sense to open those up to get to the extinguisher if your engine is on fire. On my AR 195 I could run wires very easily all over that boat. The 252FSH is way more compartmentalized, gonna be way harder to run wires/cables. That’s it so far, for owning it for a day. I’m really happy with this purchase! for the price there’s no way you could buy anything brand new with outboards and all the features the Yamaha has.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 252 does not have the E Drive. That’s only in the 255
Thanks for the info! My friend and I were talking about your boat today and he posed that question to me. He likes the direct / manual shifting of my boat, and hoped that on the 252 it would be manual shift.

When is the maiden voyage?

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I was able to get over to Cycle Springs this past weekend as they had a 252 come in and I have one on order there so they let me check it out. I wasn't allowed to go inside the boat which I appreciated as I'm sure the same thing will happen when my 2022 comes in. I probably shouldn't have done it though as now I'm even more anxious and excited to get my boat and I'm not too hopeful on the initial timeframe they gave me of August - October of 2021. I'll live vicariously through this thread in the mean time. Some things I took note of I thought were interesting were:
  1. The Simrad unit appeared to be truly flush mounted to the dash with no lip on the cowl which I thought was really cool but may be an issue for anyone looking to swap that unit out.
  2. I wanted to see where the transducer was mounted and honestly couldn't find it. I did not get on my back in the dirt to physically look under the boat but it would be nice to know where it is mounted.
  3. As I stated in a previous post, I did see some gel coat bubbling at the top corner where the gunwale and side wall meet, right by the rear access panel behind the port jump seat. It was probably a good 8-10 inches long and would probably need to be ground down and touched up.
  4. It's been touched on in other threads but the hand rails at the front are different from the pre-production models and aren't integrated in the same way. I'm assuming this was due to a supply issue but it still looks pretty nice.
Overall the boat looked amazing and I can't wait to get mine in and out on the water! Hopefully the pictures I took will help answer some more questions you guys may have on what they are looking like in production! (sorry if this was your boat and I promise I left well enough alone!)

Attachments

NewFSHowner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally in the water, So far better then Advertised, Very fast and handles well. No need for trim tabs in my opinion.
I have already forgot about my disappointment in the bow grab rails.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Finally in the water, So far better then Advertised, Very fast and handles well. No need for trim tabs in my opinion.
I have already forgot about my disappointment in the bow grab rails.
That’s awesome to hear! Have you had it in any chop yet? Wondering how the hull handles the rougher seas vs the 210’s. I don’t Mind the change in grab rail styles too much either. I thought the other one looked more modern. The production seems more classic in my opinion.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had it out in the ocean and inlet on Sunday, 4/5 waves and it handle extremely well
That sounds great! I think we’d all like to see some vids and pics!

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm thinking about starting up a new thread now that people are getting their 252's to cover topics specifically around Break In period and handoff checklist items of things like the anchor drain issue mentioned so we can all stay informed. It's an exciting time to take ownership of your new boat and I'm sure a lot of folks are like me and could be blinded without having something to reference when doing the initial walkthrough with the dealer. Would folks be interested in contributing to that?

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Also, Will at Jet Boat Pilot is starting a review series on the 255 FSH and just posted the first installment if anyone is interested.
I just wanna see how the damn thing handles, not the swim platform haha

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, Will at Jet Boat Pilot is starting a review series on the 255 FSH and just posted the first installment if anyone is interested.
Excellent! Thanks for posting !

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A quest for the new 255/252 owners. What is the people weight limit in these boats ?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure on the weight but I believe the people limit is 12
Cargo weight is 2700#, Usually the people weight is less.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Cargo weight is 2700#, Usually the people weight is less.
Yamaha lists those two numbers together on the site under the classification of "Seating Capacity/Weight Capacity: 12/2700"

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yamaha lists those two numbers together on the site under the classification of "Seating Capacity/Weight Capacity: 12/2700"
Same with my boat… but when you go on the boat there is a sticker that lists persons and weight, 10 persons-1860# but total 2200#.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Same with my boat… but when you go on the boat there is a sticker that lists persons and weight, 10 persons-1860# but total 2200#.
Seems like it's derived from the following formula:

Number of people = (boat length (ft.) × boat width (ft.))÷15
~12 = (24 x 8)÷15

This assumes the average weight of a passenger is 150# so 150X12 = 1800# capacity weight. I think this number is pretty conservative as if you use the raw numbers for length and width (24.5 and 8.5) you actually would yield a person capacity of 13 which, at minimum, would bump the passenger weight capacity up to 1950#. This is the formula that you are required to use if you build your own boat.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was able to get over to Cycle Springs this past weekend as they had a 252 come in and I have one on order there so they let me check it out. I wasn't allowed to go inside the boat which I appreciated as I'm sure the same thing will happen when my 2022 comes in. I probably shouldn't have done it though as now I'm even more anxious and excited to get my boat and I'm not too hopeful on the initial timeframe they gave me of August - October of 2021. I'll live vicariously through this thread in the mean time. Some things I took note of I thought were interesting were:
  1. The Simrad unit appeared to be truly flush mounted to the dash with no lip on the cowl which I thought was really cool but may be an issue for anyone looking to swap that unit out.
  2. I wanted to see where the transducer was mounted and honestly couldn't find it. I did not get on my back in the dirt to physically look under the boat but it would be nice to know where it is mounted.
  3. As I stated in a previous post, I did see some gel coat bubbling at the top corner where the gunwale and side wall meet, right by the rear access panel behind the port jump seat. It was probably a good 8-10 inches long and would probably need to be ground down and touched up.
  4. It's been touched on in other threads but the hand rails at the front are different from the pre-production models and aren't integrated in the same way. I'm assuming this was due to a supply issue but it still looks pretty nice.
Overall the boat looked amazing and I can't wait to get mine in and out on the water! Hopefully the pictures I took will help answer some more questions you guys may have on what they are looking like in production! (sorry if this was your boat and I promise I left well enough alone!)
I'm new to this forum, and thankful you folks are here. I picked up my 252FSH Sport last week, its been out two times now. Almost due for the first oil change. 3rd actual Yammy, and happy to answer any questions you have. Mine is exactly like the one pictured above. Gray and white, with tan interior. I ordered it in october of last year (2020). I 'returned" my 242XE due to it being in the shop more than on the water. Decided to go with an AXIS for surfing, and a CC for fishing and fun. I stayed with Yamaha after a terrible customer service experience with the manufacturer, only because my first boat was a 2012 242LS that I traded in with 460 hours on it, and never had a problem. I am not convinced Yamaha has the "E" series software bugs figured out. On my new 252FSH, I'd add a couple of things not mentioned above.

1. The 'fit and finish" of the boat is not as sharp as my 242's. Inside any compartment is unfinished fiberglass, no gel coat, and some haphazard cutting with what appears to be a recip saw. :)

2. There is ample room for marine radios behind the plastic on the under side of the T Top. I wont be using any additional radio equipment (I'm a lake guy) and would love suggestions for port hole or dry box resellers who might make a customer size to fit the long and skinny faceplate.

3. The "see through" bait well is the coolest thing on the boat! People just freak out when they see it full of fish.

4. Start researching Simrad graphs now, even before you get your boat because if you are a hummingbird or Lowrance guy, its very different. It has the GO12XSE on the boat. I'll be learning it for a while.

5. Dont believe ANY of the height, width, overall spec they printed. Its taller, wider, and longer than the book shows.

6. There is a trolling motor mount included, at least in mine. You will need the 72" shaft on it. Motorguide and Minn Kota do not "talk" to your Simrad graph.

7. The Yamaha wake boost from my 242XE fits perfectly on the 252FSH, and the boat throws a decent wake! Its not perfect, but it does let you step off the back and let go of the rope.

Feel free to ask anything, the boat is an hour away at the lake but I'm happy to answer anything you want to know.