• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Better than I thought. I’m coming from an AR 195, it’s night and day. Doing about 45mph there in 2 footers, no problem at all! Coming back in the wind was right on the bow and waved kicked up a bit. Could only do 25ish mph to stay comfortable. Best part was we were dry! Hardly any water over the gunnels or bow! My buddy has a 24’ Skeeter with a Yamaha 300 outboard. He stayed out a little longer, he said the ride back he could only do 15 mph, and was standing in 4” of water on the deck. The Yamaha is the real deal!

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Better than I thought. I’m coming from an AR 195, it’s night and day. Doing about 45mph there in 2 footers, no problem at all! Coming back in the wind was right on the bow and waved kicked up a bit. Could only do 25ish mph to stay comfortable. Best part was we were dry! Hardly any water over the gunnels or bow! My buddy has a 24’ Skeeter with a Yamaha 300 outboard. He stayed out a little longer, he said the ride back he could only do 15 mph, and was standing in 4” of water on the deck. The Yamaha is the real deal!
This is awesome to hear man!!! Get some video next time you’re out!

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a short one, but it won’t let me post it here for some reason

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b6/06/C943F702-D2B8-4CC1-ADFC-966E0FD6A3AD/part0.mp4

Tszalkai

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b6/06/C943F702-D2B8-4CC1-ADFC-966E0FD6A3AD/part0.mp4
Unfortunately this link is valid only on your phone…

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That was out of Crystal River, Gulf side. I use Cedar Key often as well. No weeds that day. I haven’t encountered any significant weeds in the 252 FSH. I had an AR 195 and would hit some weed lines that’ll make you stop a couple times and use the clean out ports. On the Bimini trip in the AR 195 the Sargassum was horrible. Probably stopped 8 times to clear.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The cockpit review Will at JetBoatPilot posted the other day showed both live wells having a post and where they are stored. Here’s a link to that post ...
Couple notes if you watched the video. On my 252 FSH the fresh water tank is 9 gallons. He wasnt sure. The glove box is in fact lockable. It came with two keys.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Couple notes if you watched the video. On my 252 FSH the fresh water tank is 9 gallons. He wasnt sure. The glove box is in fact lockable. It came with two keys.
Great to know! We’re you able to get your live well sorted out?

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did find out there is supposed to be a "drain post" and mine is just missing. I'm expecting a replacement, but if not I'll buy one online.

I took the boat in for the 10 hour service today, and to have the side scan tested. I cant get any picture at all from the side scan, but the down scan and sonar work fine.

I was able to find a locking glove box which fits the upper acrylic cavity under the T Top, I'll post some photos of the finished product when it's in place. (If it looks good, if not I'll put the original acrylic back in.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I did find out there is supposed to be a "drain post" and mine is just missing. I'm expecting a replacement, but if not I'll buy one online.

I took the boat in for the 10 hour service today, and to have the side scan tested. I cant get any picture at all from the side scan, but the down scan and sonar work fine.

I was able to find a locking glove box which fits the upper acrylic cavity under the T Top, I'll post some photos of the finished product when it's in place. (If it looks good, if not I'll put the original acrylic back in.
That’s awesome to hear about the upper box! I’m excited to see what you come up with. I think it’ll be interesting to see what weird anomalies happens as people start to get their boats with everything being so far behind and rushed. Hoping everything is a little more optimized for my 2022 but only time will tell!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yamaha emailed the Dealer saying it was ready and shipping, arriving May 15th or before.

However there is most likely a setup process for the Dealer, when they receive it.

So not sure how long before I take delivery. 😎
Have you heard from your dealer yet?

John Fullington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I'm sure you already know this but for those of you that dont, The drain posts for the live wells are stored behind the trash can along with the table post, one is longer than the other with the long post going in the front live well I believe.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure you already know this but for those of you that dont, The drain posts for the live wells are stored behind the trash can along with the table post, one is longer than the other with the long post going in the front live well I believe.
Mine has the post holders, but they were empty! 😆. The table post is also back there. On the live well posts, the front one is threaded, the back one is a push in rubber type. I only had the threaded one.