• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm new to this forum, and thankful you folks are here. I picked up my 252FSH Sport last week, its been out two times now. Almost due for the first oil change. 3rd actual Yammy, and happy to answer any questions you have. Mine is exactly like the one pictured above. Gray and white, with tan interior. I ordered it in october of last year (2020). I 'returned" my 242XE due to it being in the shop more than on the water. Decided to go with an AXIS for surfing, and a CC for fishing and fun. I stayed with Yamaha after a terrible customer service experience with the manufacturer, only because my first boat was a 2012 242LS that I traded in with 460 hours on it, and never had a problem. I am not convinced Yamaha has the "E" series software bugs figured out. On my new 252FSH, I'd add a couple of things not mentioned above.

1. The 'fit and finish" of the boat is not as sharp as my 242's. Inside any compartment is unfinished fiberglass, no gel coat, and some haphazard cutting with what appears to be a recip saw. :)

2. There is ample room for marine radios behind the plastic on the under side of the T Top. I wont be using any additional radio equipment (I'm a lake guy) and would love suggestions for port hole or dry box resellers who might make a customer size to fit the long and skinny faceplate.

3. The "see through" bait well is the coolest thing on the boat! People just freak out when they see it full of fish.

4. Start researching Simrad graphs now, even before you get your boat because if you are a hummingbird or Lowrance guy, its very different. It has the GO12XSE on the boat. I'll be learning it for a while.

5. Dont believe ANY of the height, width, overall spec they printed. Its taller, wider, and longer than the book shows.

6. There is a trolling motor mount included, at least in mine. You will need the 72" shaft on it. Motorguide and Minn Kota do not "talk" to your Simrad graph.

7. The Yamaha wake boost from my 242XE fits perfectly on the 252FSH, and the boat throws a decent wake! Its not perfect, but it does let you step off the back and let go of the rope.

Feel free to ask anything, the boat is an hour away at the lake but I'm happy to answer anything you want to know.
I joined recently myself and am very glad I found the forum as well! Thanks for the feedback! For the T-Top, I have a feeling JetBoatPilot will be coming out with something for that, whether it's a retrofit kit with hinges and a latch for a DIY application or an insert, I'm not sure. I'm planning on at least trying to add my own hinges and latch when I get mine. Worst that can happen is I need to get a new piece of acrylic to put there.

I appreciate the recommendation on shaft length as the trolling motor is definitely something I want to get taken care of before the boat is even here. I thought the Motorguide could talk to the Simrad unit with the NEMA backbone support though.

That's interesting on the dimensions. What would you say the draft is typically for you then? It states 22" but if all of the other dimensions are off, I would imagine that would be as well.

Another question I've come up with is how loud are the motors? They seem to be pretty quiet based on the videos Will at JetBoatPilot has been putting out on YouTube but that could be due to good equipment. Can you hold a conversation easily when the boat is on at idol or no wake speeds easily?

Thanks so much and looking forward to your contributions!

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Does anyone have video of it running lol....

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I joined recently myself and am very glad I found the forum as well! Thanks for the feedback! For the T-Top, I have a feeling JetBoatPilot will be coming out with something for that, whether it's a retrofit kit with hinges and a latch for a DIY application or an insert, I'm not sure. I'm planning on at least trying to add my own hinges and latch when I get mine. Worst that can happen is I need to get a new piece of acrylic to put there.

I appreciate the recommendation on shaft length as the trolling motor is definitely something I want to get taken care of before the boat is even here. I thought the Motorguide could talk to the Simrad unit with the NEMA backbone support though.

That's interesting on the dimensions. What would you say the draft is typically for you then? It states 22" but if all of the other dimensions are off, I would imagine that would be as well.

Another question I've come up with is how loud are the motors? They seem to be pretty quiet based on the videos Will at JetBoatPilot has been putting out on YouTube but that could be due to good equipment. Can you hold a conversation easily when the boat is on at idol or no wake speeds easily?

Thanks so much and looking forward to your contributions!

Good to virtually meet you!

I had the exact same thought about putting my own hinged door on the front, and building a box for the back as an option. Maybe a Teak wood frame for the door? As you stated the worst outcome is a new piece of acrylic to replace my weak carpentry skills.

According to the Simrad website there is no communication between the trolling motors, but that could have changed. If there is and you know it works, please share!

I'll check the draft but to be honest I think it is less than 22". I will measure it this weekend.

The engine noise has always been a problem when at plane, my previous 242's were horrible. Dynamatting the engine compartment helped a lot, but even then it was loud. At Idle, and at trolling speed it pretty quiet. You definitely can have a standard level conversation.

For some weird reason my rear livewell did not come with a stopper, so water just circulated through it and never filled. An old friend said he uses a foam golf ball for his with a string and knot pulled through it. I'm certain there is a better solution. If yours has a stopper, or I am not doing something right please share.
Does anyone have video of it running lol....
I can make one today 😁😁😁

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

I had the exact same thought about putting my own hinged door on the front, and building a box for the back as an option. Maybe a Teak wood frame for the door? As you stated the worst outcome is a new piece of acrylic to replace my weak carpentry skills.

According to the Simrad website there is no communication between the trolling motors, but that could have changed. If there is and you know it works, please share!

I'll check the draft but to be honest I think it is less than 22". I will measure it this weekend.

The engine noise has always been a problem when at plane, my previous 242's were horrible. Dynamatting the engine compartment helped a lot, but even then it was loud. At Idle, and at trolling speed it pretty quiet. You definitely can have a standard level conversation.

For some weird reason my rear livewell did not come with a stopper, so water just circulated through it and never filled. An old friend said he uses a foam golf ball for his with a string and knot pulled through it. I'm certain there is a better solution. If yours has a stopper, or I am not doing something right please share.

I can make one today 😁😁😁
I would be absolutely thrilled.... you rock

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would be absolutely thrilled.... you rock
What do you want in a video? From the helm the engine noise? Me catching a striper from the swim deck? (I ain’t that pretty)
I can’t get any with me not on the boat I took a day off and don’t have anyone here to video while I drive. (Not letting anyone else drive yet) 🤣🤣🤣

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
What do you want in a video? From the helm the engine noise? Me catching a striper from the swim deck? (I ain’t that pretty)
I can’t get any with me not on the boat I took a day off and don’t have anyone here to video while I drive. (Not letting anyone else drive yet) 🤣🤣🤣
I guess if I could make a wishlist just seeing the acceleration, wake, handling, if you have any chop wanna see the ride through it. Just overall running footage out on the water, I’ve seen it sitting not moving enough 😂... would love to hear noise level too... whatever you can do it great man

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I can make one today 😁😁😁
Thanks for the great post!

I had thought those live wells came with a stand pipes of some sort that are stowed under the storage pod behind the waste basket where the table is stowed?

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gotta do shorter videos. And hey, I fish, don’t expect academy award type stuff!

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I need help. I took some videos on an iPhone, and it says I can’t upload files with a .mov extension. Any help is appreciated

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the great post!

I had thought those live wells came with a stand pipes of some sort that are stowed under the storage pod behind the waste basket where the table is stowed?
The front live well (bait well) in my mind does have a post but it doesn’t stop filling. There is no post for the rear live well. It does not have the threads in the base either.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I need help. I took some videos on an iPhone, and it says I can’t upload files with a .mov extension. Any help is appreciated
You can export it via iMovie on your iPhone or take the file and then export it via the (free) VLC Player (VLC Media Player and then download the appropriate version for your computer).

OR upload it to dropbox (free account link: Dropbox Sign Up) and then we can all view via the cloud.

Last edited:

FamFish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I can make one today 😁😁😁

The YouTube link above is the best video I found that talks about linking the Xi5 trolling motor to the Simrad.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
another option is to post it to YouTube and then share a link. You can always load it as unlisted and then only those who have the link would be able to view it.

If you have the YouTube app on your phone, you can do it all from your mobile device.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
The front live well (bait well) in my mind does have a post but it doesn’t stop filling. There is no post for the rear live well. It does not have the threads in the base either.
The cockpit review Will at JetBoatPilot posted the other day showed both live wells having a post and where they are stored. Here’s a link to that post ...

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trying it after advice given! Thanks!!

The YouTube link above is the best video I found that talks about linking the Xi5 trolling motor to the Simrad.
thats awesome, thank you!

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Want to upload them to YouTube or text
Them to me?