• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2021 Yamaha Boat Prices, engines, gas tanks length - all in one place

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
not a big deal but its not marked on the chart, the 275's have underwater lights. atleast the sd does
Got info from Yamaha.....all the 27 foot boats have under water lights. Added that and a "Hard Top" column to the grid, now at rev 7.

m3morgs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Yamaha website now is showing weight on trailer, height on trailer (with tower folded as well), and length (with tongue folded)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DonP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I think the 252SE has DRIVE capability

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How about adding a column for the weight of the boat on the trailer?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the 252SE has DRIVE capability
It does not. As you will see with the legend at the top of the chart, boats with a "D" in their name have DRiVE technology AND E-Series features, while boats with an "E" in their name only have E-Series features.

DonP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
It does not. As you will see with the legend at the top of the chart, boats with a "D" in their name have DRiVE technology AND E-Series features, while boats with an "E" in their name only have E-Series features.
See attached file from the yamaha website that includes Drive Technology on the SE - it doesn't include power steering
See attached screen shot from the yamaha site on the 252SE - has drive control but not supercharged motors

Attachments

Last edited:

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
i think that is a screw up on yamahas part. e series dont have drive, even on the 27 model. you can look on the se pictures of the dash and there is no drive. regular steering wheel.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
See attached file from the yamaha website that includes Drive Technology on the SE - it doesn't include power steering

See attached screen shot from the yamaha site on the 252SE - has drive control but not supercharged motors
I believe "Drive Control" is the feature that allows you to program engine speeds and acceleration curves for riders, etc. "DRiVE" on the other hand, is the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Simply a poor (confusing) naming scheme on Yamaha's part!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe "Drive Control" is the feature that allows you to program engine speeds and acceleration curves for riders, etc. "DRiVE" on the other hand, is the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Simply a poor (confusing) naming scheme on Yamaha's part!
Correct! Yamaha marketing have really fouled this one up (or someone did).

DRiVE = Power steering and paddle shifters for low speed docking maneuvering
Yamaha Drive Control = Cruise assist buttons, No Wake Mode controls and ???? (It is NOT E-Series options like acceleration curves, GPS speed control)

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yes, here is a good explanation of the drive control. starts @ 1:14

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gonna revive an older thread here. Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I can't find another place to put it.

Found an error (or what I think is an error) on this page -> 212SD

Image shows a 3cyl TR-1 engine, then when you mouse over it gives you info about the twin 1.8L engines. Maybe @Julian can forward this along to the Yamaha Peeps for further inspection.
1625770404416.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gonna revive an older thread here. Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I can't find another place to put it.

Found an error (or what I think is an error) on this page -> 212SD

Image shows a 3cyl TR-1 engine, then when you mouse over it gives you info about the twin 1.8L engines. Maybe @Julian can forward this along to the Yamaha Peeps for further inspection.
View attachment 156296
Passed it on to Yamaha....I wonder if they aren't just making that build easier on themselves by having the one engine image then show the correct engine when you click on it. The 212SD does have the 1.8s (only the AR and SX have the TR-1s- at least that is what my grid says!)