• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 21ft vs. 25 ft boats inside area comparison

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
With the prices increase I am swinging between the 21 ft and 25 ft boats; currently I own a 2014 AR190. Would someone be able to help me in comparing the inside area of both. I know that one is 10 person’s boat and the other is 12.

Is the additional length mainly in the swim platform area or is it more into the seating area? Or the storage areas.

Thanks in advance.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Great visual above. Most of the difference is in the seating area and the storage around that allows for the head space. Also a little extra space on the swim deck and in the bow.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Thanks. The difference would be mainly +1 passenger, space around the captain’s chair and the head space. Price tag + 20K 🤔

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks. The difference would be mainly +1 passenger, space around the captain’s chair and the head space. Price tag + 20K 🤔
There are lots of differences between the 21 and 25 foot boats, as the 25 foot redesign came with new features that don't come on the 21 foot lineup. Depending on exactly what models you're comparing, that includes things like sliding transom seats, in-water seating, deeper freeboard, new hull design capable of handling rougher water, etc., etc. Plus some 25 footers come with large, fixed biminis which aren't available on 21 footers. That being said, $20K is a lot of money, so it's up to each person to decide if all the additional features in the 25 footers are worth it.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
There are lots of differences between the 21 and 25 foot boats, as the 25 foot redesign came with new features that don't come on the 21 foot lineup. Depending on exactly what models you're comparing, that includes things like sliding transom seats, in-water seating, deeper freeboard, new hull design capable of handling rougher water, etc., etc. Plus some 25 footers come with large, fixed biminis which aren't available on 21 footers. That being said, $20K is a lot of money, so it's up to each person to decide if all the additional features in the 25 footers are worth it.
Thanks, you are correct. The various additional features are worth it. My AR190 is great, I am actually wanting to upgrade to a 25 foot boat for those additional features; namely handling the rougher waters, additional passengers space and some of those new bells and whistles.

Yamaha builds great boats.

DocksB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just made this to help compare, hopeful it helps...

View attachment 160755
There’s one caveat to this picture, and that is that the AR210 is the only 21 footer that doesn’t have a co-pilot seat, but rather has wrap around “J” (or “L”?) seating, such as the 19 ft boat pictured above on the left. In turn, you can probably fit an extra person.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length