• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Boat Bubble has finally burst!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As mentioned in other threads, there are piles of used boats listed right now. And dealers trying to liquidate 2023 stock.
First time in years I'm seeing 2022 and 2023 leftovers for wake boats. Dealers are knocking 65k off in some cases to get them to move. Which 65k off a 300k boat is close to the discounts you used to get pre-covid without trying.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time in years I'm seeing 2022 and 2023 leftovers for wake boats. Dealers are knocking 65k off in some cases to get them to move. Which 65k off a 300k boat is close to the discounts you used to get pre-covid without trying.
It is heading into a Buyers market for sure. I would assume it only gets better.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see them coming down both 2023 and Used. If you are looking for a new one, I would suggest waiting till the 1.9L come out here soon and see what they are doing with them. If you are not interested in New, that would also put a bit more downward pressure on the existing AR250's

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The boats I am looking at (used Searays) are definitely dropping in price. I figure it's the end of the season so why buy now, might as well keep waiting and see who gets the most desperate to unload their boat and then buy mid Winter maybe early Spring. Biggest hurdle now is finding a 40' slip that is available on the local lake.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there any good discounts on new AR250?
My local dealer dropped two new 2023's by $7300 - they can only sell to Wisconsin residents though. :-/

When I was picking up my new-to-me boat on Tuesday they were unloading six new 2023's on two semi's from the factory. Kind of a kick in the balls getting that many new boats this late in the season in the midwest. :-/

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$63,500 Is an awesome price..........

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boats I am looking at (used Searays) are definitely dropping in price. I figure it's the end of the season so why buy now, might as well keep waiting and see who gets the most desperate to unload their boat and then buy mid Winter maybe early Spring. Biggest hurdle now is finding a 40' slip that is available on the local lake.
Maybe you just need a smaller boat :)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sure, id love to have a boat, but the prices might come down more tomorrow…..

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in agreement with you. I'm flying to Colombia in 4 weeks so I'm not really looking. But I'm thinking when I come visit family in December, I can line up a boat.. The prices are always better when it's snowing. I bought my current boat in 2018. It started snowing during the water test.

jdlev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My local dealer dropped two new 2023's by $7300 - they can only sell to Wisconsin residents though. :-/

When I was picking up my new-to-me boat on Tuesday they were unloading six new 2023's on two semi's from the factory. Kind of a kick in the balls getting that many new boats this late in the season in the midwest. :-/
$63.5k for a new AR250 is a sick price.
What's this new 1.9L engine I'm hearing about on the new models? Sounds, there any serious improvements? The old ones are 1.8L aren't they?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there any good discounts on new AR250?
My buddy is asking 67500 for his ‘19 242x, if you’re at all interested in that. @CDENsomnia

it’s a beautiful boat, my twin actually. But I don’t think he has posted it here, yet. Just put it on FB 2 weeks ago.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Remember when we talked about Trickle down pricing. A new AR250 at $63K will kill the used 24' boat market.

I'm going to leave this thread now, as I am very, very happy with my 242LS (and lack of payments) I'm going to keep telling myself that like a prayer before bed.