• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2023 Yamaha 222 FSH Sport E Walkthrough by Neil and Julian

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s the boat test fuel consumption info.

A38B45D3-5A75-4396-A4F6-9E97B6FA96F1.jpeg

Here’s the boating fuel consumption info.

B56341B6-8AEB-4722-9A8D-08F60EF573BD.png

Here’s the fuel consumption for a 2021 252 SD.

D064BFED-2B79-4BA0-A217-A1AA65FE7865.jpeg

Based on the two samples from boat test for the 1.8L HO engines, as well as numerous other boat tests with the 1.8L engines there is a consistency with the 1.8L engines using right around 13 GPH give or take at 6000 rpms.. having said that, I think the boating mag test is way off base on their fuel consumption numbers.

Again, the 222 FSH Sport E looks like an awesome boat, and I still find it amazing that these tests don’t fully talk about all their features. I get it that the video clips have to be shorter for the short attention span theater populace, but even the written portion is lacking. Another thing the boating mag and boat test really don’t touch on is the cruise assist.. other than a passing mention. Anyone who has been out cruising on anything other than glassy water has to love the cruise assist for making power adjustments. I set my rpms at 6000 and make all other throttle adjustments with the cruise assist button while driving other than if an immediate gross adjustment is necessary. The cruise assist is a great way to dial in the best mpg while cruising as well, just look at the gph consumption and your speed and do some simple math in your head, mph / gph and you have your mpg.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If all works out...hopefully I'll have mine in the next couple of months. Good info on the fuel consumption/range.
Awesome! We will be looking to you for the real deal specs on mpg and such. I’m sure it will be a great all around er!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome! We will be looking to you for the real deal specs on mpg and such. I’m sure it will be a great all around er!
Mine is the FSH 222 Sport, not the E version, but should be close enough. Hopefully the financing is reasonable...horrible time to finance anything, even with a bunch of money down.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is the FSH 222 Sport, not the E version, but should be close enough. Hopefully the financing is reasonable...horrible time to finance anything, even with a bunch of money down.
For my personal preferences the Sport is the boat I’d buy, I love the hard top but the E drive bucket control is not for me. I’d want the infinitely adjustable thrust the Sport and its analog “shifting” provides. From everything I’ve read, theE drive shifting is either in TDE idle ahead or Idle ahead and that’s too fast for my tolling needs in fresh water. Salt water would probably be fine since the trolling speeds are faster, quite a bit faster in some cases.

Your boat will be a bit lighter so in theory should be a bit better w mpg, and it may be a bit faster at WOT.

Yeah, I hear that about financing costs.. You can off set that by just using the boat a lot so the dollar per hour of fun is excellent!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For my personal preferences the Sport is the boat I’d buy, I love the hard top but the E drive bucket control is not for me. I’d want the infinitely adjustable thrust the Sport and its analog “shifting” provides. From everything I’ve read, theE drive shifting is either in TDE idle ahead or Idle ahead and that’s too fast for my tolling needs in fresh water. Salt water would probably be fine since the trolling speeds are faster, quite a bit faster in some cases.

Your boat will be a bit lighter so in theory should be a bit better w mpg, and it may be a bit faster at WOT.

Yeah, I hear that about financing costs.. You can off set that by just using the boat a lot so the dollar per hour of fun is excellent!
Yea that was my thought as well. We plan on using it a ton, just like our FSH 195. The E model isn't worth the extra cost in my opinion. One thing that pissed me off after ordering is that the spec sheet said the Sport & E model some with a Simrad, then a couple months later, they changed the spec sheet. I asked my dealer when I placed my order if it came with the Simrad and he confirmed it did, but I fully expect it to show up without it. Just wonder if it's worth arguing over.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea that was my thought as well. We plan on using it a ton, just like our FSH 195. The E model isn't worth the extra cost in my opinion. One thing that pissed me off after ordering is that the spec sheet said the Sport & E model some with a Simrad, then a couple months later, they changed the spec sheet. I asked my dealer when I placed my order if it came with the Simrad and he confirmed it did, but I fully expect it to show up without it. Just wonder if it's worth arguing over.
Again, my personal preference here. If I was to get the boat you are going to get, I’d pull the Simrad and sell it and put a Humminbird unit in its place as I’d be putting a trolling motor on the bow and I like the way the Minnkota trollers integrate with the Humminbird bird Solix for example. I’ve seen vids of the Simrad people in operation and it looks impressive, but my limited experience is with the Humminbird Solix and Rip Tide Ulterra and I’m very happy with how it works. And there are functions I’ve yet to master to fully exploit all the functionality of the Solix.

I agree with you that the E Drive isn’t worth the money, to me. I’m torn about the value of the hard top. I think it is very cool, but, for me, it would be too hard to get that top off so I could put it in my shop for the winter. Yeah I could pull the batteries and do a bit more extensive winterizing to it but I like being able to put my boat in the shop.

Again, the 222 FSH Sport has some great features, like the higher freeboard, which is much greater than the boating mags 4” of INTERNAL height, two different things entirely. The 222 FSH has four horizontal Rod holders on each as opposed to the 210’s two per side, sure seems like more than 4” to me.

Im sure you are going to live this boat!

cgaechief

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Neil (@OperationROL ) and I were invited to preview the new 2023 FSH Sport E in Destin FL, below is the video we took while checking out the boat. Clearly we need to invest more in sound recording equipment as the wind was a problem! Occasionally you will also hear a jet in the background....yes Destin is close to a major Air Force Base and we had to stop recording a number of times has jets flew over. We were also unable to use the drone as they jam them (which one of the other vendors discovered only after their drone dropped into the water out of control when a jet flew over!)

I hope you enjoy our walk through, please feel free to ask questions here and we'll do our best to answer them!

The brochure states that the 222 FSH Sport "E" has the Yamaha Drive Control. I don't see it in any videos or photos or reviews. Do you have any info on it on the 222 "E" model. I have seen it on the non center console models, as it works from steering wheel paddles, but those certainly are not visible in photos of the helm on the model 222 "E".

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The brochure states that the 222 FSH Sport "E" has the Yamaha Drive Control. I don't see it in any videos or photos or reviews. Do you have any info on it on the 222 "E" model. I have seen it on the non center console models, as it works from steering wheel paddles, but those certainly are not visible in photos of the helm on the model 222 "E".
The E Does not have drive paddles. It just has electric throttles. I've had mine since May. It's a great boat.

cgaechief

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One thing that pissed me off after ordering is that the spec sheet said the Sport & E model come with a Simrad, then a couple months later, they changed the spec sheet. I asked my dealer when I placed my order if it came with the Simrad and he confirmed it did, but I fully expect it to show up without it.
Bubba,

It has been a while since you posted this, but your comment about the Simrad is why I am considering the "E." I have asked 3 different dealers what they would charge to install the 12" model in a non E version, and not one of them has answered me. I would really prefer them to cut that hole, but I done it in my current boat, so I guess I can do it again. The price difference is not that big considering the added features; Simrad, electric start, throttle by wire, single throttle control, table/platform for bow, hard top, what else?

I almost pulled the trigger on an E yesterday, but I'm just not sure yet. I have heard some grumbling about the throttles by wire too. So, I take it that your Sport did not come with a Simrad, if so, what did you do? I would really like to know. Thanks in advance. I

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bubba,

It has been a while since you posted this, but your comment about the Simrad is why I am considering the "E." I have asked 3 different dealers what they would charge to install the 12" model in a non E version, and not one of them has answered me. I would really prefer them to cut that hole, but I done it in my current boat, so I guess I can do it again. The price difference is not that big considering the added features; Simrad, electric start, throttle by wire, single throttle control, table/platform for bow, hard top, what else?

I almost pulled the trigger on an E yesterday, but I'm just not sure yet. I have heard some grumbling about the throttles by wire too. So, I take it that your Sport did not come with a Simrad, if so, what did you do? I would really like to know. Thanks in advance. I
1.9 L engines in the 2024 MY, worth taking a look at. Very positive reviews on them.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bubba,

By the time June got here and it didn't come in, we cancelled it. Boat ended up showing up in July. Something else we learned is that the sport models also don't come with the bow table or marine mat. The E is the better value with Yamaha removing certain items off the Non-E. Plus for model year 2024 there's new engine options.

We cancelled our order and plan on a 25' boat in the next couple of years.