• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2023 Yamaha 222 FSH Sport E Walkthrough by Neil and Julian

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Julian or @OperationROL

-Did you happen to look under the flip up jump seats next to the engine bay? I’d assume there is storage under them as that is where the batteries are on the 210 (port side) and just storage on the starboard side.

-Did you happen to notice if there was an aerator rocker switch for the live well in addition to the rocker switch to fill the live well? On the 190, 195, & 210 FSH models there is a separate aerator with programmable run / off times while I believe the live wells on the 252/255 FSH models just have a fill pump that flows water through the live wells.

-Did you happen to notice if the raw water wash down was powered by the starboard jet pump or was an electric pump added?

-Lastly, did you happen to notice what kind of fuel economy you got on your test run?

Thanks! And thanks for putting together all the other vids and documentation on the new models.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian or @OperationROL

-Did you happen to look under the flip up jump seats next to the engine bay? I’d assume there is storage under them as that is where the batteries are on the 210 (port side) and just storage on the starboard side.

-Did you happen to notice if there was an aerator rocker switch for the live well in addition to the rocker switch to fill the live well? On the 190, 195, & 210 FSH models there is a separate aerator with programmable run / off times while I believe the live wells on the 252/255 FSH models just have a fill pump that flows water through the live wells.

-Did you happen to notice if the raw water wash down was powered by the starboard jet pump or was an electric pump added?

-Lastly, did you happen to notice what kind of fuel economy you got on your test run?

Thanks! And thanks for putting together all the other vids and documentation on the new models.
-yes storage under seats.
-not sure about the aerator, but I have dash video I can look at once I'm off the road.(could you do me a favor and send me a conversation message so I don't forget)
-wash down is from the jet pump not a separate tank with electric pump
-we didn't do any sort of fuel economy checks/analysis. (Good idea for next time , even if only using Yamaha numbers)

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you!

Reminder sent.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm definitely drooling a little over this one. I've got a 210 FSH Sport currently and this seems to address all the most difficult pain/mod points.
  • Bow Insert - love it.
  • Removes the stupid cooler indentation under the Captain's chair - fits the exact same engel cooler that i jam into the current 210 fsh opening, it's a great cooler.
  • hard top, with speakers and lights.
  • speakers inaudible from the captains helm nearly on the 210 - added speakers should fix that.
  • higher gunwales, and more rod storage so that I can fit 8 rods under the mooring cover - we almost always have exactly 8 rods on board.
  • Marine mat in many areas - which I haven't done yet.

Potentially awesome - I'd love to see under the battery storage area and inside the starboard rear storage area... does that extend beneath the live well?! This could make a phenomenal spot for trolling motor batteries to balance out the boat.

Downsides
  1. Wife is going to kill me.
I might come out fairly equal buying a new boat, rather than trying to shoehorn these things into my 210...

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
RIP Drone
Wonder what kind of drone or jamming device it was. A drone with signal jammed would still fly and should "Return to home", now since theyre on a boat drifting home is not exactly where the boat is. Wonder what kind of jamming device kill electronics that crashed the drone.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pretty sure both 222 FSH models have the hard top and the 220 is canvas top. I will confirm.
If this is correct, it would be difficult not to order the 222 FSH over the 220 FSH, with both larger engines and a fiberglass t-top for $6500.

Jim

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don’t believe the 222 FSH Sport has a hard T-Top, only the 222 FSH Sport E. Lots of wonky things on the Yamaha website makes it hard to know which boat has what but going by the profile pics of the boats, only the E series has the hardtop.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don’t believe the 222 FSH Sport has a hard T-Top, only the 222 FSH Sport E. Lots of wonky things on the Yamaha website makes it hard to know which boat has what but going by the profile pics of the boats, only the E series has the hardtop.
This wouldn't surprise me. On boats where there is usually a canvas and a hardtop option, the hardtop is usually $3k more than the canvas alternative.

Jim

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wonder what kind of drone or jamming device it was. A drone with signal jammed would still fly and should "Return to home", now since theyre on a boat drifting home is not exactly where the boat is. Wonder what kind of jamming device kill electronics that crashed the drone.
A focused low intensity emp pulse. It doesn’t take much to mess with 5V DC…

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are using the Yamaha app, it is better as far as stats go but it is still messed up.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm definitely drooling a little over this one. I've got a 210 FSH Sport currently and this seems to address all the most difficult pain/mod points.
  • Bow Insert - love it.
  • Removes the stupid cooler indentation under the Captain's chair - fits the exact same engel cooler that i jam into the current 210 fsh opening, it's a great cooler.
  • hard top, with speakers and lights.
  • speakers inaudible from the captains helm nearly on the 210 - added speakers should fix that.
  • higher gunwales, and more rod storage so that I can fit 8 rods under the mooring cover - we almost always have exactly 8 rods on board.
  • Marine mat in many areas - which I haven't done yet.

Potentially awesome - I'd love to see under the battery storage area and inside the starboard rear storage area... does that extend beneath the live well?! This could make a phenomenal spot for trolling motor batteries to balance out the boat.

Downsides
  1. Wife is going to kill me.
I might come out fairly equal buying a new boat, rather than trying to shoehorn these things into my 210...
The 222 FSH Sport picks up 447# and 9” of boat length with a 62% horsepower increase, the E model another 300#.

Looks like the starboard storage area may still be what it was… it appears that the live will extends down into the area where the live well is on our 210’s.

Being able to carry the 8 rods horizontally is pretty huge, I usually have 7 rods with me all the time.

I don’t know how you fish up there in Minnesota… but for me the E drive is a problem, as to the best of my knowledge you cannot feather in the thrust from zero to full TDE.. with the E drive you are either in neutral or in TDE or reverse, which I think would be too fast for the trolling that I do.

As far as balancing the boat out, I have found that just keeping the live well full makes the boat balance perfectly. In fact, since I swapped out the group 24 lead acid battery and put a group 31 LiFePO4 battery in its place, I had to put some more stuff into the battery compartment to balance things out when the live well is full.

I’m really liking that they put in proper deck drains in the corners.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 222 FSH Sport picks up 447# and 9” of boat length with a 62% horsepower increase, the E model another 300#.

Looks like the starboard storage area may still be what it was… it appears that the live will extends down into the area where the live well is on our 210’s.

Being able to carry the 8 rods horizontally is pretty huge, I usually have 7 rods with me all the time.

I don’t know how you fish up there in Minnesota… but for me the E drive is a problem, as to the best of my knowledge you cannot feather in the thrust from zero to full TDE.. with the E drive you are either in neutral or in TDE or reverse, which I think would be too fast for the trolling that I do.

As far as balancing the boat out, I have found that just keeping the live well full makes the boat balance perfectly. In fact, since I swapped out the group 24 lead acid battery and put a group 31 LiFePO4 battery in its place, I had to put some more stuff into the battery compartment to balance things out when the live well is full.

I’m really liking that they put in proper deck drains in the corners.
Agreed on all that. Where I tend to fish, my trolling motor handles the majority of the heavy lifting (it'll pull me up to 4.5mph~) so the throttle thing isn't as likely an issue for me. The other features of the throttle are definitely positives for when the wife is at the helm though. The hull shape looks different than the 210, so maybe it's more similar to the 255 and will track better also? At those speeds you could run one engine couldn't you? It might be a nightmare in the steering department though, I haven't bothered to try that. With the 210 TDE puts me right in the 2mph range with both motors running, I wonder what the twin 1.8's do?

Live well fill status is a good point. I haven't compared it since I swapped to 3/4 batteries being LiFePo4, but i still saw the lean slightly when I got it on the trailer last week so maybe I can shift some other things around to compensate also. The trolling motor is still a 70lb ballast that is much more than most on the port side.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agreed on all that. Where I tend to fish, my trolling motor handles the majority of the heavy lifting (it'll pull me up to 4.5mph~) so the throttle thing isn't as likely an issue for me. The other features of the throttle are definitely positives for when the wife is at the helm though. The hull shape looks different than the 210, so maybe it's more similar to the 255 and will track better also? At those speeds you could run one engine couldn't you? It might be a nightmare in the steering department though, I haven't bothered to try that. With the 210 TDE puts me right in the 2mph range with both motors running, I wonder what the twin 1.8's do?

Live well fill status is a good point. I haven't compared it since I swapped to 3/4 batteries being LiFePo4, but i still saw the lean slightly when I got it on the trailer last week so maybe I can shift some other things around to compensate also. The trolling motor is still a 70lb ballast that is much more than most on the port side.
I too use my troller for the vast majority of the propulsion needs.. but, on those days when it is really windy and the troller is maxed out I will fire the engines and just open the gates a little bit to get the troller down to 40-50% thrust, I’ve also had to use the engines in reverse to slow the boat while trolling when the wind gets behind me, again, just cracking the gates a bit to get things under control, this is easier than throwing out the drogue. Speaking of which, the drogue may solve the too fast thing with the E drives.. I have no idea how fast the E drive will push, but the pumps are the same size and I know that with the throttles in the TDE position, my boat gets going around 2-2.5 mph which is too fast. I suppose tossing out a drogue of the correct size will take care of this issue, just like my Dad used to do with our boat when I was a little kid.

If the hull is anything like the big boys then it is a deeper / sharper V at entry but the dead rise is still the same I believe at 20*.

As far as leveling goes, I have gotten in the water and look at where the tie down hooks are sitting in the water to verify it is level with on one on board.

There are definitely questions we need answers too! Hopefully Capt Steve of boat test does a review and includes the trolling speeds and the no wake mode for trolling like he did with the 195 Sport FSH.

The other question I have about the E Drive is the braking response. Again with the boat test on the 195, Capt Steve demonstrates the braking power of the jet drive since there is no transmission from full speed you can drop the gates and start applying thrust and the boat stops VERY quickly. As Capt Steve puts it “nothing to be taken lightly”. I have tested this on my boat and in my mind it is a big safety factor, being able to stop the boat quickly. Again, not to be take lightly. If someone is not holding on firmly it will either throw them on the floor or out of the boat. All that to say, will the E drive respond immediately like the cable driven system will?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Probably only on the Sport E, and thus outside my budget, but I love the looks of the hardtop and the full windshield:

1661279382370.png

Jim

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A focused low intensity emp pulse. It doesn’t take much to mess with 5V DC…
I have no idea if a jet flying over was the reason their drone went down, but I wasn't about to put mine up and have the same thing happen! It may well have just been driver error???

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have no idea if a jet flying over was the reason their drone went down, but I wasn't about to put mine up and have the same thing happen! It may well have just been driver error???
Very well could have been…. The planes have very powerful radars and that could have had something to do with it. I know the old E-6 B prowlers had some very intense comms jamming equipment. 3 of them could nullify all coms on the west coast of he U.S.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
any thoughts on the range for this? how big is the tank?

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I confirmed that the non-E version does not have the hard top with my dealership. That explains the added weight and extra costs between the sport and the sport E. The price of the sport looks much better but that hard top and full windshield sold me.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
any thoughts on the range for this? how big is the tank?
Tank is 75 gallons. I've heard the 252 fsh gets close to 2.5 mpg at 30mph from people posting on facebook. I would assume this would do a little better. The 212 is supposed to get around 2.9mpg and I would expect this to be worse that that with the added weight. So maybe somewhere in between.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
50 gallons was a small tank for the previous models. My thought is that the higher freeboard, the larger tanks, and some of the other changes makes this a much better boat and makes is competitive with many of its competitors.

Quite honestly, the AR220/220 FSH wasn't on my short list, last month, for a new boat. I do, however, like the changes and these two boats are now on my short list!

Jim