• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2023 Yamaha 222XD Walk through by Julian and OperationROL

Daveb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
surfpoint was on the 212x as well but it is only the system that adjusts the angle of the nozzles.
the wake gates on the 255 actually lower on either port or starboard and channel the water as well
The 212x had a kit you could manually attach but you had to hang over the back to attach
and you had to remove before increasing speed

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, the "integrated yamaha wake booster". Julian indicated that the boat has them, but they were on a pre production model so couldn't test them I believe.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well done video, very thorough! Appreciate you guys filming it and putting it together.

While I'm new to the Yamaha family this year with a 195, this seems like a positive announcement overall. Will definitely be eyeballing a 222XD if we decide to upgrade down the line.

Daveb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yes the 222xd definitely has the electronic wake boosters similar to the 255x - just got confirmation from dealer

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, the "integrated yamaha wake booster". Julian indicated that the boat has them, but they were on a pre production model so couldn't test them I believe.
Correct, they have the automatic lowering wake shaper.....this is why you can't have the swim up seats on the 22' wake models - because the seat bracket and the gate get in each others way.

Daveb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian
I attached the spec sheet for all the models that the dealer supplied
in case anyone is interested

Attachments

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Correct, they have the automatic lowering wake shaper.....this is why you can't have the swim up seats on the 22' wake models - because the seat bracket and the gate get in each others way.
Julian… any feel for how the 222xd will perform in lite chop, 2-3 foot swells?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian… any feel for how the 222xd will perform in lite chop, 2-3 foot swells?
We were in light chop and it was smooth riding. Didn't get to go out in swells, but I expect it to perform well....and the higher gunnels will help too.

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We were in light chop and it was smooth riding. Didn't get to go out in swells, but I expect it to perform well....and the higher gunnels will help too.
Thank you for your in depth review! Much appreciated. With the added dry weight and surf gate I would expect a better wave for surfing, would be nice not to have to add external ballast!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for your in depth review! Much appreciated. With the added dry weight and surf gate I would expect a better wave for surfing, would be nice not to have to add external ballast!
Not sure you'll be getting away with no external ballast.

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How Do the fat sacks advertised on the Yamaha site secure to the boat?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We just placed an order for this boat and first on the list for our dealer. The only thing I can't seem to find out is how the tower folds. Is it like previous years with just pulling the pins or is it different for this year? We have a bridge to clear super close that would require the tower to be down to go under it.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe upgrade, Hmmmmm🤔🤔🤔

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Neil (@OperationROL ) and I were invited to preview the new 2023 222XD in Destin FL, below is the video we took while checking out the boat. Clearly we need to invest more in sound recording equipment as the wind was a problem! Occasionally you will also hear a jet in the background....yes Destin is close to a major Air Force Base and we had to stop recording a number of times has jets flew over. We were also unable to use the drone as they jam them (which one of the other vendors discovered only after their drone dropped into the water out of control when a jet flew over!)

I hope you enjoy our walk through, please feel free to ask questions here and we'll do our best to answer them!

I am seeing a rearview mirror on some of the photos of the 222 XD, does it come with one?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How did you think it handled as compared to your 24'?

I'm thinking about maybe getting a new SX220/AR220 or a used 2020/2021 AR240/250.

Jim

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am seeing a rearview mirror on some of the photos of the 222 XD, does it come with one?
The Wake series boats come with a large high quality mirror (mine is a PTM Edge - not sure if they are still using that model). The rest of the boats will have a small suction cup mirror.

How did you think it handled as compared to your 24'?
It was very similar, but without driving them back to back, it would be hard to say what the differences are. It was solid for sure.

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Wake series boats come with a large high quality mirror (mine is a PTM Edge - not sure if they are still using that model). The rest of the boats will have a small suction cup mirror.

It was very similar, but without driving them back to back, it would be hard to say what the differences are. It was solid for sure.
thank you!!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Boating magazine review of the 222XD

Anxiously waiting a release of an AR220 review video!

Jim