• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Yamaha sx models

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone was just wondering if anyone has some insight on the new 2023 Yamaha sx models . I saw they released all new colors and a new 22ft model. I did notice that all sx models don’t show a Bimini top, even tho it’s in the description. Was just wondering in they hid it better or is it just not there anymore.

Hello everyone was just wondering if anyone has some insight on the new 2023 Yamaha sx models . I saw they released all new colors and a new 22ft model. I did notice that all sx models don’t show a Bimini top, even tho it’s in the description. Was just wondering in they hid it better or is it just not there anymore.
They will have bimini tops, just not shown in the photos

Some reason they don't seem to show the bimini on the SX...I always wondered why. They don't really showcase them in any of the videos or photography on the site. Probably because it's the "low end" boat.

They did the same thing with the sx250. It comes with a Bimini

They typically don't show the bimini tops in the promo pics, even on those boats with the wake tower.

Hoping someone soon posts a video of the sx220, as I'm interested in seeing this model. If I was getting a 19' boat, I would get a wake tower as I feel you need this with the smaller boat. I could live without in on the 22' or 25' however.

Jim

They typically don't show the bimini tops in the promo pics, even on those boats with the wake tower.

Hoping someone soon posts a video of the sx220, as I'm interested in seeing this model. If I was getting a 19' boat, I would get a wake tower as I feel you need this with the smaller boat. I could live without in on the 22' or 25' however.

Jim
The 22 is pretty sweet. They do have a vid of the 222 se which is the top of the line 22 but for size and layout you can get an idea of what it looks like. As far as the Bimini top goes, previous years at least show it there it’s almost like they just cropped it out just for the look of it as it is not that appealing to look at .

The 22 is pretty sweet. They do have a vid of the 222 se which is the top of the line 22 but for size and layout you can get an idea of what it looks like. As far as the Bimini top goes, previous years at least show it there it’s almost like they just cropped it out just for the look of it as it is not that appealing to look at .

I tend to agree, the standard bimini top on the SX is nothing great to look at but does the trick. I opted for the SX 195 because I knew I wasn't going to be using the wake tower and I wanted a secondary port side captains chair opposed to the bench on the AR model. Yamaha could have at least made the bimini top a closer color to the boat. I have a grey top and a blue/white hull....

1661250159706.png

Did you all notice from the video how big that new bimini is? Seems to be almost the size of an SX model. @Julian @OperationROL what would you say?

I tend to agree, the standard bimini top on the SX is nothing great to look at but does the trick. I opted for the SX 195 because I knew I wasn't going to be using the wake tower and I wanted a secondary port side captains chair opposed to the bench on the AR model. Yamaha could have at least made the bimini top a closer color to the boat. I have a grey top and a blue/white hull....

View attachment 186445
Yea I agree I like the layout of the sx much better the the ar. The twin captain seat looks sharper then a bench that has no support under it. I am getting the sx model just based off they layout. As long as I can tow the kids in a tube have shade and get around the ocean I’m good with that.

Yea I agree I like the layout of the sx much better the the ar. The twin captain seat looks sharper then a bench that has no support under it. I am getting the sx model just based off they layout. As long as I can tow the kids in a tube have shade and get around the ocean I’m good with that.

Just to clarify, the bench is supported very strongly by a bar.

Looking at what comes standard with the sx 190 . Does anyone know what they mean when they say it comes with cushion on insulated fish box?. I dint know the model came with a fish box let alone a cushion for it . I thought maybe it was a filler cushion for the bow but that’s not it . Anyone can clarify what that option is .

The bench seats have a strong support, I have had 2 @ 200lb men sitting right there and it didn't flex.

I have no problem pulling my 3 kids around on the tube with 4 adults in the boat, and we use it in saltwater in Tampa Bay and in the gulf. Plus it’s easy to pull behind the car and launch and recover by yourself.

My understanding is that for the previous models, the AR is built the same way as the SX, meaning there was a plate under the cockpit on the port side. I have seen where some folks have either had the dealer or diy'd pulling out the port side bench seat and installed a captains chair. Don't know if you could do this on the AR220 though.

Jim

Just to clarify, the bench is supported very strongly by a bar.
Oh ok it just looked very flimsy but I wouldn’t know just going by what it looks like . Thanks for the clarification

I have no problem pulling my 3 kids around on the tube with 4 adults in the boat, and we use it in saltwater in Tampa Bay and in the gulf. Plus it’s easy to pull behind the car and launch and recover by yourself.
How many miles do you get out of a day pulling and cruising around with your family .

How many miles do you get out of a day pulling and cruising around with your family .
That's a good question, I usually don't pay much attention to that as I top off the boat every time I am done with it (doesn't hurt the pocket as much). I would say an average day on the water for me of 10-15 gallons of fuel, being a supercharged jet ski engine pushing as much weight as the boats are, then add everything else like people and items, its not the most fuel efficient engine. I am fairly conservative when it comes to cruising, I like to be in that 26-32mph range, I feel that's the most economical. Now I will get on it from time to time, until my wife says something ;)

That's a good question, I usually don't pay much attention to that as I top off the boat every time I am done with it (doesn't hurt the pocket as much). I would say an average day on the water for me of 10-15 gallons of fuel, being a supercharged jet ski engine pushing as much weight as the boats are, then add everything else like people and items, its not the most fuel efficient engine. I am fairly conservative when it comes to cruising, I like to be in that 26-32mph range, I feel that's the most economical. Now I will get on it from time to time, until my wife says something ;)
That’s not bad 10-15 gallons. I know the sx190 has a 40 gallon tank. It says it’s able to do about 98 miles on a tank, tested with no one on the boat . I was wondering if we wanted to hit the coast how far down I can cruise on a tank before re fueling. I’m sure all that gas burning will just be when I first get it I’m sure I will just be anchored out after the first year of owning it .

Back