• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

21' E-series acceleration profiles and watersports

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My 212XE is very new to me and I was curious what acceleration profiles everyone uses for each of the different tow sports?

I put a brand new skier in the water on Monday and kind of assumed that the fast profile would be appropriate for skiing since I always appreciated a quick pull when I ski. I think I pulled him right out of his ski's, so maybe not good for a new skier? Slow was way too slow and seemed appropriate maybe for wake surfing? Medium seemed better, but still a bit slow. My daughter who has skied before (5 years ago) got up on the second try so I stuck with medium for the rest of the day. I'm still waiting on a surf board and wake boards, and I'd like to have a better game plan before I pull those.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use slow for wake surf board, medium for wake boarding, and high for skiers. It all depends on skill. I have some adult skiers who slalom ski who want more than HIGH- "Give it all you got Scottie!!!" - I wish there was a manual launch option that still enabled GPS speed control.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I only had my 212x out for a couple hours before it went to storage. Are there only 3 settings? Either way, tagged for info for next spring.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I only had my 212x out for a couple hours before it went to storage. Are there only 3 settings? Either way, tagged for info for next spring.
Yes, there are only 3 settings. I think 5 or 6 would have been better - one between Low,Med and High (2) and one above High that is FULL Throttle with a curve off to top speed.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Yes, there are only 3 settings. I think 5 or 6 would have been better - one between Low,Med and High (2) and one above High that is FULL Throttle with a curve off to top speed.
Here's hoping for a software patch to allow more fine-tuning. I'm sure it's a low/non-existent priority for Yamaha, T-shirt sizing is likely sufficient for the majority of owners.

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Here's hoping for a software patch to allow more fine-tuning. I'm sure it's a low/non-existent priority for Yamaha, T-shirt sizing is likely sufficient for the majority of owners.
mine actually has a 4th setting option which is manual, I didn't get to try it to see if it still stops at the target speed.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
mine actually has a 4th setting option which is manual, I didn't get to try it to see if it still stops at the target speed.
I'm going to have to look for this on Saturday....I fear it is an upgrade that I won't be able to apply (mine being year one of this system).

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I find that slow is a bear to get up on my wake board, but my admiral insists on not going too fast...