• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Battery Options

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have flipped through the forum numerous times reading all the battery posts, and have a general idea based on my previous experiences with my last boat, what I have learned here and what I have had so far with this boat. So I am more writing this as a pros / cons debate to throw out there.

Currently I have the stock start battery (Not concerned at this point) and my stock house battery (DieHard Silver 24M 50AH)

Just for those that may ask I run my stereo at about 75% Volume and its a 1100W System. With this said I will run this somewhere between 6-8 hours with no issues / hasn't died yet. I recently added an 1100W Power inverter to blow up my floats, I use an high volume inflator that draws 750W which I use about 6 minutes to blow up the main float. All was well all day ran stereo right at 6 hours and got about 3 minutes into deflating with said inflator pump and the power inverter kicked off due to lack of power. Radio and everything else still worked fine just started running low on juice. So now I am on my quest to upgrade the battery.

Solution 1: (Easiest) Drop in X2Power 24M 76AH AGM Deep Cycle (57.7 pounds)
Pros - Easy, more amp hours, had before lasted a long time
Cons - Not Cheap, only 26 AH more than current setup
Solution 2: (Cheapest) Add another cheap DieHard battery in parallel
Pros - 100 AH, Cheap
Cons - Cheap battery, longevity? do you really get as much use as 1 X2 battery?, Weight! (83 pounds)
Solution 3: (Most Expensive) Raise mounting floor Drop in X2Power 31M 100AH Deep Cycle
Pros 100 AH, 1 battery, less weight than 2 battery's (75 pounds)
Cons - Expensive, have to raise the floor

MattW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
lithium batteries?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up not doing any of those options and ended up keeping both batteries that came with the boat. I added a 3rd battery a XS power XP3000 that is not connected to anything in the boat other than the AMPs for the sound system. I have an onboard charger that I plug in at the end of a trip to recharge since it is not connected to the boats charging system. It has seems to have enough power to run the radio all day no concern. I even did a trip that was a 4 hour round trip ride and about 4-5 hours at the sand bar and the radio was still pumping. I will eventually get a new house battery probably the x2power 24M since I did a toll on the current house battery before I got this new one for the system. IMG_2801.jpg

joep411

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I ended up not doing any of those options and ended up keeping both batteries that came with the boat. I added a 3rd battery a XS power XP3000 that is not connected to anything in the boat other than the AMPs for the sound system. I have an onboard charger that I plug in at the end of a trip to recharge since it is not connected to the boats charging system. It has seems to have enough power to run the radio all day no concern. I even did a trip that was a 4 hour round trip ride and about 4-5 hours at the sand bar and the radio was still pumping. I will eventually get a new house battery probably the x2power 24M since I did a toll on the current house battery before I got this new one for the system. View attachment 207609
I am getting ready to do this exact project. One question. Is there anything under where you added your third battery? How did you attach your battery tray to the floor?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am getting ready to do this exact project. One question. Is there anything under where you added your third battery? How did you attach your battery tray to the floor?
Yes I used a piece of star board to make the floor all one level. Screwed it into the floor and then screwed the battery trays to it. As you may have noticed the boat has the trays sunken and that only allows for two batteries.

joep411

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I mean when you drilled into the floor for the 3rd battery is there anything under there I need to worry about drilling into?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I mean when you drilled into the floor for the 3rd battery is there anything under there I need to worry about drilling into?
I did something similar but I used cutting board material, I did not find anything under the top of the battery area, thought maybe I’d hit foam but not the case. The material is not very thick, so put your drill bit as deep in the chuck as it will go and just drill enough to get through the material. Then measure and use the shortest screws you can, you want to have at least 1.5 times the diameter of your screw of length beyond the material that you drilled into once the “board” is tightened down, the screw will barely protrude on the back side.

Another way to look at it is this, that area is completely encapsulated in fiberglass as in there is no way to get into that area, none of the boat systems will pass through there as there is no way to service them. And, the oem battery straps have screws in the bottom of the battery tray.