• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242/275 toilets: these are just portapotties right?

JoshCanSwim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was looking at the 242 and then of course the 275 because who doesn't want to dream.

Anyway, these are just portapotties right, they don't pump out or anything like that?

You use them, then pick them up and empty them someplace??

Do any of the 24' jet boats out there have a fully plumbed and pump out toilet?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes and no. I use the 5 gallon Dometic that I've mounted in the head. Mostly used for early and late season when it's too cold. I do empty mine locally on my compost pile (all liquid) NO #2!!! Those that MUST go #2, must also clean it! It's mostly for the ladies, guys use a jug and dump it overboard.

JoshCanSwim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Vortex 2430 VRX has a pump out (other models too perhaps in that family).

Anyone do much with the VRX at all?

Manuel Lahens

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Only the 27's will come with a portapotty as you described it. No Yamaha Jet Boat has plumbing.
I have been aboard the 275 several times dreaming at the dealership and I prefer to have no toilet at all in the "head compartment" more room for storage....

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My Chap 243 VR was plumbed to pump out. Figured that was too much hassle, so I disconnected it and just use it as a port-a-potty.

JoshCanSwim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Chap 243 VR was plumbed to pump out. Figured that was too much hassle, so I disconnected it and just use it as a port-a-potty.
Really!

That's interesting. Is the pump out worse? I suppose I'm thinking of solid waste, I have younger kids so they... seems like every 45 minutes they have to go poop lol!

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Well I have two young girls, so having some sort of toilet was critical in the boat shopping matrix.

Unless you have a convenient pump out station (we did not), then it might be fine. Not sure if some places charge a fee. Maybe it is free if you fill up as well.

We trailer wherever we go so I am never filling at a marina. I had also heard the lines never really come clean. It is almost a given that one of my girls will poop whenever we go out. Do I like dumping it?...no, but it is not difficult and it gets cleaned and prepped at home every time. As soon as they are old enough to not make a mess, I will institute the "you make it, you dump it" rule.

To me, trying to find a place to pump it out seemed like a bigger hassle. Additionally, all the plumbing is still there so whenever I sell it, the new owner can hook it back up if desired.

JoshCanSwim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I have two young girls, so having some sort of toilet was critical in the boat shopping matrix.

Unless you have a convenient pump out station (we did not), then it might be fine. Not sure if some places charge a fee. Maybe it is free if you fill up as well.

We trailer wherever we go so I am never filling at a marina. I had also heard the lines never really come clean. It is almost a given that one of my girls will poop whenever we go out. Do I like dumping it?...no, but it is not difficult and it gets cleaned and prepped at home every time. As soon as they are old enough to not make a mess, I will institute the "you make it, you dump it" rule.

To me, trying to find a place to pump it out seemed like a bigger hassle. Additionally, all the plumbing is still there so whenever I sell it, the new owner can hook it back up if desired.
Where do you dump it at? Do you just hose it down then after you dump it?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I just take it out and dump it in the toilet in the house. Then take it outside to hose it down/rinse it out with a garden hose. Throw a little bleach in every once in awhile.

I should note that every prep includes adding a couple oz of RV Toilet Treatment and some water.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I highly recommend the bucket. Best of, it's portable and easily removable. I've taken it out of the boat a couple times onto land so people can use on land instead of swimming out to my boat. The bags are easy to use as well.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve got a 242 and have been trying to figure out what size and brand to get; from what I can tell, any of the 5 gallon options would be too high to sit comfortably on in the head. Thoughts?

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agree that 5 gallon bucket too tall. We use Thetford model 345 in our 242x. Tried a newer battery powered pump model but it was 3 inches taller. 345 works perfectly in 242x. A bit tight for adults but Workable (mostly due to grill and posts and other stuff stored in there). No issues for the kids at all. Easy to clean, easy to remove and install. We just put non-slip carpet padding and set it in there. Never moves. There is an an attachment bracket available but I did not want to drill my boat. Maybe needed for a Bimini crossing but we haven’t needed it for our VERY rough water lake use, including tubing and wakeboarding over wakes.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

@watternutt .....never seen a marina do a pump-out for free and I was putting $1,000.00 of fuel in my tanks per fill-up. usually coast about $30.00 regardless of size as it is the labor for the guy to start the vacuum pump, hook everything up and then un-hook and put the hoses away. Never had a problem with the lines clogging. many port-a-potties can be rigged to accept pump-out hardware. :cool: