• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242XE vs. 242SE

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the 242XE still get up to 52 mph with all its extra weight?
I notice all the 24' boats list a top speed of 52mph but the 242XE is carrying an extra 400lbs!
My 230HO loses about 5mph when I'm carrying an extra 400lbs.

AR240 3,660 lbs
242S 3,713 lbs
242SE 3,860 lbs
242XE 4,032 lbs

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the 242XE still get up to 52 mph with all its extra weight?
I notice all the 24' boats list a top speed of 52mph but the 242XE is carrying an extra 400lbs!
My 230HO loses about 5mph when I'm carrying an extra 400lbs.

AR240 3,660 lbs
242S 3,713 lbs
242SE 3,860 lbs
242XE 4,032 lbs
I haven’t checked w gps, but my boat thinks it can get up to 46mph. 2019 242x (w/ bimini deployed)

Buddy has same boat and says he can get to 48-49 if I remember right.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't remember the dealer at this point. I ended up going with a new 2019 SE. I'm not sure if the guy with the XE was his states taxes included. He was still cheaper than the 20' SE I was looking at. The 20' SE was $81k out the door after all taxes. I think the guy with the XE, was just trying to empty his lot. He said that what he had was all that he was getting since, Corona shut down production and that he would be willing to do $73k for the last boat he had which was an XE. Sounded like a great deal, but thought the SE fit our family better.
So what did you get?????

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase!

I was just about to ask if the SE came with the same "super-extra-double-jumbo" bimini top.

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah that's the biggest advantage over the S in my opinion. I know the throttle is different but it's my first boat so I wouldn't know the difference 😂

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my SE for the bimini, and I love it. But I'm now spoiled with those super smooth throttles. And the ability to sync them quickly. love it.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my SE for the bimini, and I love it. But I'm now spoiled with those super smooth throttles. And the ability to sync them quickly. love it.
The bimini was my wife’s number 2 reason for buying this boat after the swim deck seating! We’ve dealt with standard bimini tops before and this one literally dwarfs them in size and function.

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
We have a 2020 242SE Limited, would like to add just a soundbar, the same model as is on the 242X, do i need another amp or can I just connect the soundbar based on the current amp. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 2020 242SE Limited, would like to add just a soundbar, the same model as is on the 242X, do i need another amp or can I just connect the soundbar based on the current amp. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Dunno anything about the 242 boats, but I added a single soundbar to my AR190. It has a built in amplifier. Super easy connection with a B+, B-, and 3.5mm for signal. Not sure if that is what you were looking for, but it's possible, and I'm guessing probably how I would add one.

I used the Wetsounds Stealth Ultra HD.

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Great information and appreciated, I also heard the soundbar can whistle in the wind where driving, has anyone had that feedback.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It doesn't whistle on my X. I suppose it's possible that it whistles at high speed but I can't hear it over the engines.

Since you have an SE with the same (large) Bimini as the X, I think you'll be fine.

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
appreciate the reply, thanks. Think were going to go with 10 inch wet-sound cans and mount them above the tower under the bimini, that is what Yamaha has done on the 2021 wake boats. This will give us more overall head room.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great information and appreciated, I also heard the soundbar can whistle in the wind where driving, has anyone had that feedback.
Yeap. Mine whistles. Need about a 45-50mph headwind to make it start. 30mph surface speed into a 15mph headwind will do it.

Loud enough on the expressway (70mph) I can hear it in the truck with the windows up. Luckily the stereo in the truck is louder :D

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback, I think were going to go with the Wetsounds REV 8 tower cans with swivel heads. Still thinking it would be nice if we could mount them above the tower vs below for headroom.

Check out this youtube from JBP Will makes some interresting points