• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

24x model comparison?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there a spreadsheet or other document around that would outline all the differences for a given year on yamaha's 24' line? I spoke with a dealer at a show a month or so ago. He got me started with this:

Sx 240 - base
AR 240 - Sx plus tower
242 limited - nicer interior or something like that.
242x - wake sports edition

He also gave me the 16 and 17 marketing brochures, but they're so vague I can't figure out what all the differences are. Dealer and Yamaha site mentions how all the typical "extras" are included on a Yamaha, including trailer. But, reading here it sounds like there are different trailers too?

He also told me that it's not a big deal to add a tower to an SX, and it would be half the distance of jumping to an AR. (But, if it was that easy, would there be a current discussion here about whether you can do it?)

Now, these discussions were all casual on a test ride at a boat show, so I take them for what they were. But, I think I was left more confused than I started.

Any help you guys can offer this newbie would be welcomed.

Thanks!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This is one of my complaints with Yamaha. Why have 4 versions oft the same boat but no 242SS? A go fast version of the 242. This coming from a 212SS guy. This might make me buy a new boat.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There used to be some minor differences between the SX and AR versions (like paddle wheel speedo vs Pitot), but now it is really just the tower.

Same with the difference between Limited and Limited S. The limited models have other upgrades like dual batteries, spare tire, upgraded flooring (in 2017 models that means removable sea mat vs carpet). There is actually a Yamaha mobile App that lets you compare boats.

The 242X adds integrated ballast, 1000w stereo with sub and tower speakers and interior upgrades like better seat material, new steering wheel, carbon fiber inserts in the coving.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The towers are very well designed and well integrated into the boat. I have been impressed with these new towers and would highly recommend going ar240.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length