• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD Bilge runs while floating

jjblough

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone having issues with the bilge coming in while just floating? I am familiar with the anchor locker flange issue (been there done that with my old AR210) with Yamaha’s. That’s not the cause.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I mean it’s supposed to run whenever there is water to be pushed out. You have water coming in somewhere.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Mine has been coming on when moored lately. Not previously a problem. I'm thinking I have debris in the drain plug thread letting some water in the hull.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jjblough

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Mine has been coming on when moored lately. Not previously a problem. I'm thinking I have debris in the drain plug thread letting some water in the hull.
Thanks! That’s gonna be my first check.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The FAQ has a link to my ultimate leak finder thread. Run through that and reply to it if you find a new source.
I remember seeing a post a while back where someone had the #10 issue around the swim deck. They pulled back the rub rail and there were massive gaps along the sealer/adhesive between the deck and hull. I get some of the fit and finish issues making it through, but that just seems huge.

jjblough

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Issue resolved. Yamaha tech at my dealer isolated the leak at the shifter cable. Yamaha did not properly seal it when built. Had tech check entire boat using The Ultimate Leak Finder thread info. No more leaks! Thanks everyone!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Issue resolved. Yamaha tech at my dealer isolated the leak at the shifter cable. Yamaha did not properly seal it when built. Had tech check entire boat using The Ultimate Leak Finder thread info. No more leaks! Thanks everyone!
Perhaps we should license that checklist to the dealers???? LOL

Another winner!