• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD Head Compartment

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hey folks - very close to receiving delivery on a new 252SD. She's still sitting in the dealer's lot while some extras are being added (and while the weather warms up). Beyond excited and my kids are about to lose it.

Question: does anyone happen to have pictures inside the head compartment of a 25-footer that shows the amount of clearance? I'm curious how a larger adult (me), a small adult (my wife) and the kids (5, 3, 1) will fit - just wondering if someone has a photo that shows an actual human inside to get a sense of the size of the space. The dealer is an hour from my house, seeing if someone has existing photos.

Thank you! Have appreciated the feedback here over the last few months. Excited to get on the water soon.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hey folks - very close to receiving delivery on a new 252SD. She's still sitting in the dealer's lot while some extras are being added (and while the weather warms up). Beyond excited and my kids are about to lose it.

Question: does anyone happen to have pictures inside the head compartment of a 25-footer that shows the amount of clearance? I'm curious how a larger adult (me), a small adult (my wife) and the kids (5, 3, 1) will fit - just wondering if someone has a photo that shows an actual human inside to get a sense of the size of the space. The dealer is an hour from my house, seeing if someone has existing photos.

Thank you! Have appreciated the feedback here over the last few months. Excited to get on the water soon.
I don’t have a picture, but I am 5’ 10” and was surprised how much room was in there when I climbed in. Now, I wouldn’t say it was comfortable for me for any period of time, but would certainly work if I need to use the bathroom without being difficult.

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don’t have a picture, but I am 5’ 10” and was surprised how much room was in there when I climbed in. Now, I wouldn’t say it was comfortable for me for any period of time, but would certainly work if I need to use the bathroom without being difficult.
Very helpful - thank you.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I read in the specs or watched on a YouTube that the clearance is 4 feet. So...like a nerd... I grabbed a tape measure and extended it beside my chair. I’m 6’ 1.5 “ and I was surprised that 4 feet seemed to be ok. My thoughts were for a camping toilet if an “ emergency” arises on the water that can’t be solved in another way. It looks to me like that would work.....but I too am waiting on the weather before I pick up my boat.

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I read in the specs or watched on a YouTube that the clearance is 4 feet. So...like a nerd... I grabbed a tape measure and extended it beside my chair. I’m 6’ 1.5 “ and I was surprised that 4 feet seemed to be ok. My thoughts were for a camping toilet if an “ emergency” arises on the water that can’t be solved in another way. It looks to me like that would work.....but I too am waiting on the weather before I pick up my boat.
That’s great to know - thanks. And good idea, I think I’ll break out the tape measure too. I’ll need to measure horizontally around this quarantine-belly as well as vertically :). Thanks again.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

My wife is 5'8" or so and she was able to use our makeshift portable potty with no issues. Not to mention my 7 and 12 year olds who had no issues obviously. They thought it was a cool compartment.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pics are from my 252SE when I picked it up back in September (sorry, no pics of humans inside and ours is currently put away for the winter). Inside height is ~46.5 inches. My twin 6 year olds have climbed in there together playing around (they can both stand up all the way) . I'm 6' tall about 200lbs and can get in and out of the compartment. It won't become your new favorite spot to hang out, but I think anyone about 6'3" or less and reasonably mobile should be able to get in and out of there as needed.

Attachments

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Pics are from my 252SE when I picked it up back in September (sorry, no pics of humans inside and ours is currently put away for the winter). Inside height is ~46.5 inches. My twin 6 year olds have climbed in there together playing around (they can both stand up all the way) . I'm 6' tall about 200lbs and can get in and out of the compartment. It won't become your new favorite spot to hang out, but I think anyone about 6'3" or less and reasonably mobile should be able to get in and out of there as needed.
Really helpful - thanks man. I'm 5'10" if I'm being generous, so it sounds like we'll be ok. Appreciate it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Just to take this one step further... I picked up a Luggable Loo to use as a porta pottie if the issue ever comes up. It’s basically a 5 gallon pail with a plastic seat. You can buy the seat on its own. They are hugely popular with the camping community. You can also pick up Double Doodie “garbage bags” that are made by the same company. They are heavy duty plastic...contain some powder chemical that helps with odour and solidifying liquids. If used, you can basically roll up the bag and double zip them till,you get to a garbage on shore. So, at best it’s a portable toilet, at worst it’s a 5 gallon (20 litre) bailing bucket. There are videos and instructions all over the internet.

here are a couple of links ( not to detract from the original question... but to save some research time with a suggestion ).

1614476340529.png

1614476340352.png

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Just to take this one step further... I picked up a Luggable Loo to use as a porta pottie if the issue ever comes up. It’s basically a 5 gallon pail with a plastic seat. You can buy the seat on its own. They are hugely popular with the camping community. You can also pick up Double Doodie “garbage bags” that are made by the same company. They are heavy duty plastic...contain some powder chemical that helps with odour and solidifying liquids. If used, you can basically roll up the bag and double zip them till,you get to a garbage on shore. So, at best it’s a portable toilet, at worst it’s a 5 gallon (20 litre) bailing bucket. There are videos and instructions all over the internet.

here are a couple of links ( not to detract from the original question... but to save some research time with a suggestion ).

View attachment 143150

View attachment 143149
This is a great backup! I might get one too. Here’s hoping it’s never used :)

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
And one last thing... add another bucket with Some properly sized garbage bags as a liner, grab one of these and you have a good garbage solution). Cary everything onboard in the buckets...one inside the other... plus whatever else you need from wet wipes to tools. 😂

FC020EBB-961F-4CDD-831A-E3940E3B8980.jpeg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

View attachment 143150

View attachment 143149
Thanks so much for this suggestion. Does the height of this make it difficult to sit on inside the head compartment? (Is there enough room for an adult to sit on top of this while also not bumping their head on the ceiling of the head compartment?)