• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255xe 255xd owners please take some measurements for me

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Im chasing down a steering issue with my boat, steering was crooked from the factory, it was supposed to be correct by the dealership. I still dont think the Surfpointe is set to spec. Ive taken my measurements as the boat sits current. Can you measure with the steering wheel straight/keel straight (start boat, center steering wheel, shut boat off, verify keel in straight) the cable length to the centerline of the clevis. Port for me is 11.5" Starboard is 12 1/8. This is flush against the pump plate. Picture provided. Can you also go in the compartment under the front starboard seat in the white box you will see the steering cables and where they attach to the hydraulics. Are they even? Pictures of mine provided....can you do same on yours? Curious as to where everyones boat falls. Ive seen Surfpointe on 242x's and they were more drastic with the canted in.

Attachments

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
wheres all our 2255 xe xd owners at...help a brother out :)

leshock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just picked up my 255XD from dealer. It is still on the trailer. Do you still need measurements?

Just a brother trying to help you out..

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just picked up my 255XD from dealer. It is still on the trailer. Do you still need measurements?

Just a brother trying to help you out..
if you can get them sure, it helps all of us in the long run.

Also may even help you out if we need to make sure your boat is correct. Ive been thru my boat every which way to sunday so dont be shy to ask me anything.

Get you steering wheel straight, start an engine real quick center it then shut off.

Measure the cable to pump nozzle bolt centerline from the back of the pump plate bolted to the boat for both sides.

I currently have mine set to 11.3 (port) and 12.3 (starboard) which is essentially 1/2 less and more compared to nozzles straight at 11.8" This was based on measuring a 2019 and 2020 242x at my dealer.

Also if you could take a picture of thread engagement on the steering ram under the starboard bow seat. Remove the white lid cover. Curious as the setting with straight wheel.

Thanks bud. Enjoy your boat!....go thru it with a fine tooth comb, be interesting to see how yours turned out. We believe mine was a stop work, due to missing parts, got sidelined, then brought back in later months.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Black Pearl II

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the port jet pump.
I am leshock brother and chief mechanic and head wine drinker.
We r installing cobra fins right now. We also had misguided jet nozzles brand new from factory and will post a thread on this issue later today. Easy fix imo by adjusting nozzles and rudder.

Attachments

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We r installing cobra fins right now. We also had misguided jet nozzles brand new from factory and will post a thread on this issue later today. Easy fix imo by adjusting nozzles and rudder.
so you corrected it to these measurements or this was how you got it?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
your port is "surfpointe" setting maybe even more aggressive.

I think mine were out the same as this. Yup just checked my pictures. Port canted in...starboard straight. LOL yammy QC on point!

Black Pearl II

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The prior pics were of the boat straight from the factory. At dead center steering wheel the boat on plane would drift to port, as you would expect looking at the nozzles. In order to go straight at planing speed, dead center on the steering wheel was at 1 o'clock position. We adjusted the steering tie-rods at the pump nozzle, and the tie-rod to rudder, when we installed our CobraJet steering fins today. I will go and take another set of measurements now that we have made the adjustments.

Last edited:

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The prior pics were of the boat straight from the factory. At dead center steering wheel the boat on plane would drift to port, as you would expect looking at the nozzles. In order to go straight at planing speed, dead center on the steering wheel was at 1 o'clock position. We adjusted the street control tie-rods at the pump nozzle, and tie-road to rudder, when we installed our CobraJet steering fins today. I will go and take another set of measurements now that we have made the adjustments.
well the cobras want you straight so im going to guess 11.8 inches. I wanted a factory surfpointe measurement. But yours were fucked up like mine lol