• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

7 Inches of snow...and no power....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where I live in Raleigh we got roughly 7 inches of snow, and the power went out at 2am and didn't come on until 10:30am! So I dragged the generator from the shed, fired it up and got the fridge, freezer, fireplace blower and cell phones/coffee maker etc hooked up, and of course an hour later...power comes back on.....

I was supposed to be flying to San Diego....that is now cancelled....so back to conference calls I go! :)

Maybe I'll get a shower in later?

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bummer. Down on our end of town, we only got about 1 inch of slush and no power issues. Still shuts everything down though... at least you got your coffee this morning!!!

I flew back into town yesterday evening, the air crews were getting out of Raleigh last night so the planes were not stranded here. Still beats a Chicago winter though doesn;t it? !!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Still beats a Chicago winter any day! This is an unusual occurence here....and that is just fine....actually makes it interesting...

But since I just "tweaked" my back....I'm now disabled! GRRRRR Aleve is my friend now.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm strangely jealous. We didn't seem to get a winter this year. While I'm looking forward to a longer boating season, it would have been nice to have some snow to play on with the car. November was our only real snow here. Very unusual.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We had about 1/2 of snow on Tuesday, but we missed the white stuff last night and this morning.....just rain here. Funny how things can be so different and we're only 2 hours away from each other

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We got 5" over here. And of course it tried to melt, and now it's freezing. Curious to see how the roads are in the morning...

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just got rain but just an hour north they got a little snow. Not bad all in all.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had about 1/2 of snow on Tuesday, but we missed the white stuff last night and this morning.....just rain here. Funny how things can be so different and we're only 2 hours away from each other
I see you are in Jacksonville NC. I lived there for almost 4 years! Went back about 8 years ago just to visit wow did that place change. I really enjoyed the water there. Do you go out in the ocean and stay in the rivers?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1- people who love #2 - X1 - sm.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nassau - X1 - sm.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Winter 2015 - X1 - sm.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I see you are in Jacksonville NC. I lived there for almost 4 years! Went back about 8 years ago just to visit wow did that place change. I really enjoyed the water there. Do you go out in the ocean and stay in the rivers?
If it's been 8 years since you've been here, you would be astonished again. Tons of growth around here. Generally we spend most of our time on the intercoastal waterway near Swansboro, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, etc. We spend some time in the New River, but not much.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
-8 F when I woke, "warmed up" to about 10 F (maybe a bit higher) so far here today.

I need some blue skies, 82 F air, and cool lake breezes.

Right the &$@% now!