• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

9/11 Never forget

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Very surprised I don't see a bunch of posts on here! Never ever forget the date. I didn't even realize it until I signed a check today, and then I looked at it. I stared at it. Memories came back. People jumping from buildings to escape the horrors within the building. People running for their lives as the building collapses above them. Hearing death tolls of firefighters and police officers and people from within the building. The soot everywhere. The silent awe. The screaming of family members. The crying.
Songs were written. War was waged. A true realization that we CAN be hurt on home ground. Flight is a little more annoying now. But is that all we remember? This seems to be the first year where I talk to people and they don't realize the date or weren't old enough to remember seeing it happen.
I feel older today. Like I lived a piece of history that the next generation won't understand.

Remember the victims the heroes and the stories of families.
Never forget 9/11

Yeah....that was a stunning day and no matter what those that were old enough to know what was going on will never forget it.
A0000141.jpg

I would bet most can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing that day, and that we all spent a little more time with our loved ones.

I would bet most can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing that day, and that we all spent a little more time with our loved ones.

I remember exactly where I was and who I spoke to. I've been thinking about it all day and it gives me the chills.

Just watching "9/11: Day That Changed The World" on Smithsonian.
I've seen this a number of times before. Each time I watch it, different things impact me.

Of course, I remember what I was doing that day...think about the way it affected me and all of my coworkers...

But the images from New York that day always hit the hardest. The people falling from the towers, the fear and confusion in so many different people's eyes, the F-15s flying combat air patrol over Manhattan.

Never forget. I certainly will not.

It was a great feeling when the F-15s appeared overhead. Many were scared when they heard the engines but once we could see what they were they were a great relief.

I was manning a CAP in an armed Viper over ATL by mid afternoon with orders to shoot down anything non-responsive and make noise for the folks below. Meanwhile my wife was taking care of scared fourth graders on base whose parents were gearing up to go kick somebody's teeth in... The world changed that day.

I wish the togetherness of the American people in the weeks that followed would have lasted longer. It didn't take long before people were getting sued by their HOAs for not taking the flag down because it's against the rules.

Oh, I remember and have been thinking about it all day. Pretty much stay off FaceBook because conspiracy theorist piss me off, and they always seem to appear on the 11th.

I was stationed in Missouri working night shift because we had a Nuclear Operational Readiness Exercise going on. When I woke up and turned the TV on I didn't understand what had happened at first, I really thought it was a movie until I changed the channel a couple times. The second tower had just been hit when I woke up.

I called work and was told to just stay home for now because you couldn't get on base anyway. Later in the day when I left for work the gas stations had lines of people at the pumps and gas was at least a dollar higher than it was the day before. A couple of those closed not long after because they raised their prices so much that day and people realized later that the stations were banking off of people's fears, so no one usds them after that.

My 8 year old son read a book about the day a couple months ago. For those that have young readers, the Magic Treehouse book series is awesome for kids that love to read about true events like mine does.
This morning I showed him a video of some news footage from that day, he had a lot of questions....

100% remember where I was that day. At work. A co-worker received a call from his wife that a plane had hit the towers. We immediately found a television and watched in horror. I will never forget that day. There was an article in our paper yesterday about the memorial set up in Pennsylvania. You can put on a set of headphones and listen to the folks on the flight say goodbye to their loved ones. I just about broke down when I read about one of the flight attendants saying she loves her family and will miss them greatly. Then I begin to get mad all over again.

No, I will never forget.

I don't know how anyone could forget.

Here is a pic of a very good buddy of mine, US Marshal Dominic Guadagnoli. Within about two years after this, Dominic transferred down here to Florida, where I met him and worked with him ever since. He's a good dude and to be able to get a first hand account from somebody that was there is chilling. He was only a couple blocks away when the first plane hit. They thought it was a bomb, ran outside, and found out it was a plane. He, of course, ran to help the victims and is very lucky to be alive after the towers collapsed.

Dominic 9 11.jpg

9/11 will always be a sad day. It still breaks my heart to think about the senseless cowardly action that caused so much pain and suffering for so many. I wish for peace for all those directly effected.

I am also still totally in awe of the heroism displayed that day. I can't imagine what I would have done if I were in the same shoes as those first responders. I would hope I could be as brave as they were. I also hope I never need to find out if I am.

Story about all the boats that helped evacuate people.

I kept the Dallas Morning News from that day and a few days after. My kids were 1 and 2 years old at the time. I recently pulled out the newspaper and the Time magazine to show them. It seemed to hit them differently seeing the pictures from media in the drawer of our bookshelves. I think it was more surreal to them. Here is a pic of one of the front page special inserts from that evening.
image.jpg

Story about all the boats that helped evacuate people.

I showed this to the kids about a month ago. It is an incredibly moving story. It was a terrible feeling to be a few miles away and not be able to help.

I was in lower Manhattan that morning and was in a cab heading to NYU's downtown Hospital to install some equipment for them. The first plane hit the tower as I was getting in the cab. My coworker who was meeting me there was on the sidewalk right by the tower when it was hit. He called me and said a bomb must have gone off because papers were falling from the sky. While in the cab, I saw the second plane hit the next tower.

The rest I try not to think about, and for personal reasons, I'm glad that there's not much on TV about it now.

[flag]

I do... I was in our office on the 22nd Fl of WTC2 wondering WTF just happened? I grabbed my briefcase and against the orders of the loudspeaker announcements to not leave the building I left. Never saw our office again... Still have my business card in my wallet.

20150912_225059_zps2fvwbbdm.jpg

911_1_zpsqdqt61ik.jpeg

I do... I was in our office on the 22nd Fl of WTC2 wondering WTF just happened? I grabbed my briefcase and against the orders of the loudspeaker announcements to not leave the building I left. Never saw our office again... Still have my business card in my wallet.

20150912_225059_zps2fvwbbdm.jpg

911_1_zpsqdqt61ik.jpeg

Glad you got out @njmr2fan

Holy crap.
I didn't even think about some of our members being that affected and close to it.
@Topper232 and @njmr2fan , glad you guys are here today and I can't imagine what it was like being that close, I know it's a whole different perspective than watching it on TV.

I use to moonlight back then and drive limos - I drove 3 couples in a super stretch to the Windows of the World resteraunt on 9/10 - I was parked at the base of WTC1 till about 3am 9/11 morning.

My dad was an architect/engineer and did a lot of work underneath the towers. I loved going to work with dad during the summers. We spent a lot of time there.

I get pissed everytime I think about it. One WTC is cool, beautiful, impressive - but there was something about the twin towers that made them special.

Back