• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A look inside the Yamaha boat building process in Japan.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Very interesting, didn’t even know Yamaha made these kinds of boats. Much less automated than I would have guessed.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty cool to see. No wonder boats are so f-ing expensive.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very interesting, didn’t even know Yamaha made these kinds of boats. Much less automated than I would have guessed.
I believe the Yamaha jet boat plant in Tennessee is a bit more automated, but there is still quite a bit of hand work. Note: I have not been there.

If you look at the jobs currently posted, they have a combination of hand and robotically applied spray lines:

IMG_6584.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They used a Volvo/penta engine in a Yamaha boat ??

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Neat vid! I’ll have to go and poke around and see if I can find a brochure for that boat. It is interesting how much wood they were using in the stringers and bulkheads. Looks like there is a heck of a keel on that boat as well.

web page: ボート - マリン製品 | ヤマハ発動機株式会社

Pretty sure the boat in the build vid was a DFR series… it appears that some of them have twin inboards.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the Yamaha jet boat plant in Tennessee is a bit more automated, but there is still quite a bit of hand work. Note: I have not been there.

If you look at the jobs currently posted, they have a combination of hand and robotically applied spray lines:

View attachment 216078
Below is the process that was one YouTube for the US plant I believe. Slightly different...maybe given the size of the Yamaha Pilot boat in Japan versus the Jetboats in the US.Yamaha US Video

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In my view the US made boats with their automation increases production rate with less people, controls materials better and keeps the cost down. I was just saying to a friend of mine yesterday that bang for the buck you just can’t beat the Yamaha’s. Are they perfect? Nope, perfection is a direction not a place.