• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My wife and I are just a couple of days away from finishing our retirement trip (I retired last September). It’s been 7 weeks including a trans-Atlantic cruise, extended stops in Barcelona, Rome, and time spent in Venice, Munich, and now Iceland.

They had a very localize snowfall in Southern Iceland, where we are staying - a 3 foot snow a couple of days ago. A lot of it has already melted with temps in the low 40’s, but here is our speed demon of a rental car in the Hotel Vos parking lot:
BBE0F089-5696-4DFA-8CB0-6ECC2F97DDAD 3.jpeg

Car is a Hyundai i10 with about 125K miles. Not fancy, but cheap to rent and economical at the pumps (current Icelandic price of $8.75/gallon.) Car has a 5 speed transmission. Man, how I miss driving stick (my two Rams - 2012 and 2020) are/have been automatics.

Jim

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
"inmersión completa" to learn Spanish. That's the joke that my friend's and I have been making whenever I experience something crazy here. Since I arrived here, I've experienced everything from crazy gf's to getting pulled over and searched by Colombian police. Add another 1 to it: screaming match with a car salesperson in a notary. This guy was an asshole from day 1 and I finally lost it with him. I never said "HIJO DE P*TA" so much in my life. The car was in consignation so luckily I'm still in contact with the owner and we're going to do the transaction without the intermediary.

Also I went on a date last night with the aesthetic doctor. They smoked my sushi. And recently she gave me botox 😂 she has a very nice office in Las Palmas. I can't say I've ever went to a doctor's appointment and kissed the doctor. Add that to inmersión completa.

6EA62CD0-B199-433C-B802-8610A9976F61.JPG

View recent photos.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
"inmersión completa" to learn Spanish. That's the joke that my friend's and I have been making whenever I experience something crazy here. Since I arrived here, I've experienced everything from crazy gf's to getting pulled over and searched by Colombian police. Add another 1 to it: screaming match with a car salesperson in a notary. This guy was an asshole from day 1 and I finally lost it with him. I never said "HIJO DE P*TA" so much in my life. The car was in consignation so luckily I'm still in contact with the owner and we're going to do the transaction without the intermediary.

Also I went on a date last night with the aesthetic doctor. They smoked my sushi. And recently she gave me botox 😂 she has a very nice office in Las Palmas. I can't say I've ever went to a doctor's appointment and kissed the doctor. Add that to inmersión completa.

View attachment 198983

View attachment 198984

View attachment 198985
Wait, when you said you sushi was smoked, I thought it was an euphemism. Then I see the pic, and it was a thing. Lol. Keep sending it man. You are making me miss my home country. Also, you keep these stories up and you will have to start posting in that "other" thread. The one about GF and wives. You know, for science and research. lol

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 199028
for all you Star Wars fan's out there, May the 4th be with you, hope everyone is all ready for the water. Thankfully here in PA it looks like it might stop raining and we can get back out!
This is the May

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wait, when you said you sushi was smoked, I thought it was an euphemism. Then I see the pic, and it was a thing. Lol. Keep sending it man. You are making me miss my home country. Also, you keep these stories up and you will have to start posting in that "other" thread. The one about GF and wives. You know, for science and research. lol
If you come visit your home country, I'll show you around your country jaja
I was thinking about starting a blog, but i'd be afraid if later in life my future wife/gf finds that.
I went with the owner of the blue 118i today to the bank to look for a solution and there isn't 1 because he can't accept international transfers and the car is in another person's name. It's definitely the fault of the dealer: He paid this dealer to sell the car on consignation and it was a young guy who doesn't know anything about international transfers and can't accept international payments to his business. I lost 2.000.000 COP ($430) and the owner lost 1.200.000 ($260) but we left on good terms and agreed the dealer was an idiot. I went to BMW and sent money for a 2022 BMW 118i in white, 14k miles. I hope to bring it home next week. 5 years maintenance, 3 month bumper-to-bumper, 1 year engine. I liked that blue car, but the whites OK, it's a metallic. Probably easier to sell in the future bc ppl in colombia love white and silver cars.

e556133f-b804-4839-8440-f31985e9860b.JPG

IMG_1859.jpg

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you come visit your home country, I'll show you around your country jaja
I was thinking about starting a blog, but i'd be afraid if later in life my future wife/gf finds that.
I went with the owner of the blue 118i today to the bank to look for a solution and there isn't 1 because he can't accept international transfers and the car is in another person's name. It's definitely the fault of the dealer: He paid this dealer to sell the car on consignation and it was a young guy who doesn't know anything about international transfers and can't accept international payments to his business. I lost 2.000.000 COP ($430) and the owner lost 1.200.000 ($260) but we left on good terms and agreed the dealer was an idiot. I went to BMW and sent money for a 2022 BMW 118i in white, 14k miles. I hope to bring it home next week. 5 years maintenance, 3 month bumper-to-bumper, 1 year engine. I liked that blue car, but the whites OK, it's a metallic. Probably easier to sell in the future bc ppl in colombia love white and silver cars.

View attachment 199044

View attachment 199045
The blue one was sweet. Makes me sad that you couldn’t buy it, and then bring it home, to sell to me one day.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The blue one was sweet. Makes me sad that you couldn’t buy it, and then bring it home, to sell to me one day.
I saw a white 128ti, it's the same car with a 261hp 4-cyl turbo but that would've been another $7k or so. It looks really nice with the different bumpers and side skirts, but honestly that stuff is not practical at all in colombia. It will scrape everywhere. Maybe I can bring it back to USA? They don't sell the new 1 series in USA. I looked a while ago if I could import my RAM here, but Colombia only allows imports on new cars.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw a white 128ti, it's the same car with a 261hp 4-cyl turbo but that would've been another $7k or so. It looks really nice with the different bumpers and side skirts, but honestly that stuff is not practical at all in colombia. It will scrape everywhere. Maybe I can bring it back to USA? They don't sell the new 1 series in USA. I looked a while ago if I could import my RAM here, but Colombia only allows imports on new cars.
Probably cost a lot of coin to bring in a new vehicle too. I don’t think you’re a Russian oligarch sneaking a RAM over the mountains in Kazakhstan.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Probably cost a lot of coin to bring in a new vehicle too. I don’t think you’re a Russian oligarch sneaking a RAM over the mountains in Kazakhstan.
That sounds like something that I would do lol

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I’m reading that right, that boat is still for sale!
Yes sir, I think you are right. Surprising on a 6 year old add. Repowered with a new Yanmar.

20230505_143222.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series