• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1683431307233.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I visited my local yamaha dealer to start the shorelander fender replacement process and saw these things. Even the entry level yamaha boat and Waverunner seem really expensive. Nothing is sold for the manufacturer suggested retail price.

Attachments

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful weather up in NJ. Got some gardening done, walked the girls, tilled the garden and got some broccoli planted. Dog just putzin around.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time in NY
20230507_154200.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Chevron is always higher priced here in the at Bay Area as well but damn! I have to buy super unleaded for most of my cars and that is at least $1 more per gallon than I paid recently at chevron here.
Shell is always higher, especially in SF…I saw Shell diesel in Redding last week for $6.19, and down the street it was $4.59 at Chevron.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I visited my local yamaha dealer to start the shorelander fender replacement process and saw these things. Even the entry level yamaha boat and Waverunner seem really expensive. Nothing is sold for the manufacturer suggested retail price.
$4k surcharge on the 190 and they can’t even throw in the flag pole!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Went to Sandals South Coast in Jamaica for a long weekend with the wife for our twelve year anniversary. If you have never been I highly recommend it. Jamaica being a 3rd world country, it really brings into perspective how good we really have it as a lot of people over there have nothing. Picture 2 is flying over Cuba.
IMG_3088.jpegIMG_3097.jpegIMG_3098.jpegIMG_3103.jpegIMG_3107.jpegIMG_3111.jpegIMG_3112.jpegIMG_3114.jpegIMG_3115.jpegIMG_3117.jpegIMG_3119.jpegIMG_3120.jpegIMG_3121.jpegIMG_3122.jpegIMG_3123.jpegIMG_3125.jpegIMG_3126.jpegIMG_3127.jpegIMG_3130.jpegIMG_3131.jpegIMG_3134.jpegIMG_3135.jpegIMG_3136.jpeg

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question for ya, my wife and I are in our late forties and early fifties, will we feel old/out of place there?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Question for ya, my wife and I are in our late forties and early fifties, will we feel old/out of place there?
Absolutely not! We are in our mid and late 30s and we saw people anywhere from early 20s to 50s+. Keep in mind, sandals are costly as it’s all inclusive (flight, transportation, drinks, meals and tips included). But all sandals are kid free so it’s an all adult scene. Since we went to south coast (furthest from the Montego Bay airport) we paid the additional money and hired a private car from Sandals, BMW 535d that came with food and drinks for the 1.5hr drive. I would also advise paying the additional money for the Club Mobay fast track through customs and immigration. When we landed in Jamaica the line through customs was about 2-3hrs long and we went through in roughy 15min. When we returned to the airport we had a lounge with free drinks and food to wait in until our flight left.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Absolutely not! We are in our mid and late 30s and we saw people anywhere from early 20s to 50s+. Keep in mind, sandals are costly as it’s all inclusive (flight, transportation, drinks, meals and tips included). But all sandals are kid free so it’s an all adult scene. Since we went to south coast (furthest from the Montego Bay airport) we paid the additional money and hired a private car from Sandals, BMW 535d that came with food and drinks for the 1.5hr drive. I would also advise paying the additional money for the Club Mobay fast track through customs and immigration. When we landed in Jamaica the line through customs was about 2-3hrs long and we went through in roughy 15min. When we returned to the airport we had a lounge with free drinks and food to wait in until our flight left.
Piggy backing on this. I would suggest/recommend not being the typical “American” tourist. On average the US dollar is worth about $120 Jamaican dollars. $20 USD is not a lot to us, but is a lot to them. The appreciation and gratitude you will receive is worth it. Just my $0.02 😉.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y‘all don’t have back up generators at this stations?
Some of our main stations do but when we have right around 80 stations it would be very expensive to put one at each one. There are mobile generators that we can hook up and bypass pumps to keep things flowing. We just have to prioritize and make sure that we keep the high flow ones going.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would also say that my wife and I went to Sandals in St Lucia which was beatiful. Went for our honeymoon. We had a very good time with the people there. Albeit we made good friends with people that were close to us in age, some of the most fun people were older than we were, and ended up on the excursions we were on. We all carried on at the pool bar after and for the remainder of the trip. Do not be intimidated by age as all ages and price points are welcome at these big name places. Would recommend. I want to go back to St Lucia but wife wants to go other places.

We went to Jamaica when we started dating and fun spot but I'm not rushing to go back either. However, we did stay in Montego Bay at a less expensive resort. It was fun to go there and check off the list. Happy and safe travels.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I rented a boat and we did wakeboarding here in Guatapé Colombia. She learned fast because she does kitesurfing. The marina was very nice and does dry storage, I'm really curious how difficult it would be to bring my boat here. The port of cartagena isn't too far from Miami lol

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well this sucks!!! Trying out the cub cadet mower after just sharpening the blades. Wife runs out and said there was glass all over the kitchen, but could not see where it came from.

20230509_075946.jpg

About 7'6" up. Was mowing 100' down the yard at the time. She found this on the floor and shards of glass everywhere.

3C333FF7-E70C-474D-BDBC-2F79B0ADFCD4.jpeg

Tape it up and order a replacement upper sash.

A4C8236D-9E7A-41F0-93BB-C564D8D412AA.jpeg

20230509_081749.jpg

SO! How is your morning going?