• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A tube from cockpit and a device beside battery

Yudi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know what this tube works for? Would it cost any leaking I have check inside is wet all times? It seems being cut from previous owner....截圖 2021-12-05 上午12.20.39.png

By the way, What is this device works for?
截圖 2021-12-05 上午12.20.53.png

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s a drain for the cup holder.

Not sure on the other, maybe some kind of breather vent or something. Just checked manual, I think it’s the canister for your gas tank vent to prevent fumes.

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Something looks wrong with that drain. I think one end should go to the cup holder by the steering wheel and the other should run down to the starboard side of the helm area so it can drain into the bilge instead of on your carpet.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cup holder drain. Standard Yamaha quality crap. I took mine off and got some longer tube and ran it back around the corner. Lowe's, got 50 ft. used it on many of the cupholders that drain right down on the carpet etc.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha AR 190 doesn’t have cup holder drain tubes. They simply dump into the compartments.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha AR 190 doesn’t have cup holder drain tubes. They simply dump into the compartments.
Agreed. No drains on cupholders on the little boats......at least not on my 2017 there were. They all just drained straight to the carpet. I capped all mine, except the rear swim platform ones, where I put a drain in to the rear cleanout tray area.

My 2017 AR190 doesn't have that tube behind the helm.
1638796801992.png

I don't have a picture, so going off memory here, however I think I have that same tube on the port side behind the glove box, and it attaches to the "drain" in the glove box to empty water out of there (although I'm not certain I've ever had enough water in there to need a drain). I'm pretty certain it's not attached to anything on the other end though, and just drains right into the storage area.

Looks like @Yudi has at least a 2019 boat (Sticker on charcoal canister has 3/19 date on it). The 2019's have a cupholder at the helm (my 2017 does not), so perhaps it's a drain from that cupholder into the storage area to keep condensation off the electrics in the dash? Gonna need a few more pics, or someone else to confirm though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes was going to say his pic looked like glove box and I vaguely remember a drain being there for it. Like you, I just capped or taped mine off so they wouldn’t dump water in the compartments.