• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Access under swim platform 2023 252S

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looking to run a noco battery extender plug and put it on the swim platform where I can plug in my extension cord. How easy is it to remove the cover on one of the clean out port lockers to access u see there? Want to make sure nothing is in the way before I drill the hole and all. Thanks. 2023 Yamaha 252S

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Access cover is straightforward. Unscrew screws, then you will the cleanout tube hose clamps and a clamp on the hose for the drain plug. That is about it. Put some silicone around it when you put it back together.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted mine by the fuel filler so it stays drier and is accessible outside the cover.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is mounted above the pee holes higher up and it is under my mooring cover, that way i leave it plugged in under the cover.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted mine by the fuel filler so it stays drier and is accessible outside the cover.
Fuel vapor and electricity seems like a winning combination for a 4th of July display!

Do you have a pic of your setup? REALLY doesn't seem like the safest idea, but maybe a visual of your method would show that it isn't as dangerous as it sounds

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Fuel vapor and electricity seems like a winning combination for a 4th of July display!

Do you have a pic of your setup? REALLY doesn't seem like the safest idea, but maybe a visual of your method would show that it isn't as dangerous as it sounds
My thoughts exactly. Always remove batteries from the vessel. Even when on a trickle charger..........just my 1 1/2 cents.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I believe @1WetBoat did a few pics when he did his install.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the ideas. I wanted to leave the mooring on and be able to charge it. Putting it above the mooring cover would make it tough to plug in and keep the cover right outside. Just my thoughts.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
THE ISSUE is plugging in an energized extension cord to the boats’ receptacle while in close proximity to the gas cap and more over the fuel vent and the flammable vapors that are always present. There is a noticeable pop when a battery charger is plugged in due to the inrush current to saturate the coils. In essence, a match is being struck right next to the fuel tank fill and the fuel tank vent.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ended up putting it on the port side under the tower like someone else recommended so I can have the mooring cover on and pull the Velcro apart for plugging it in. Turned out great. Very easy.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My thoughts exactly. Always remove batteries from the vessel. Even when on a trickle charger..........just my 1 1/2 cents.
Gonna retract this comment. Been too old fashioned with old school battery chargers. After reading through many posts I went with a Noco GenPro 10x2. Haven’t decided on an accessory plug or location we will see.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gonna retract this comment. Been too old fashioned with old school battery chargers. After reading through many posts I went with a Noco GenPro 10x2. Haven’t decided on an accessory plug or location we will see.
As a fyi..NOCO makes a very nice plug for the on board charger.

These come in one or two plug outlets and different lengths, I’m pretty sure they’re all rated at 15A

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As a fyi..NOCO makes a very nice plug for the on board charger.

These come in one or two plug outlets and different lengths, I’m pretty sure they’re all rated at 15A
This is what I added to the side of the boat. Honestly works excellent. Can keep the mooring cover on and yet charge it.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Thermobrett mentioned, this is how mounted mine on my 21 AR, and I can leave it plugged in with the cover on.
The Gas Cap on newer models, at least on the 25 footers, are further forward from where they used to be. So no risk of close proximity to fuel vapors.

Power-Plug.jpg