• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

additional cleats project

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I never seem to have enough cleats on my 2015 242 Limited S so I decided to add 2 more to the existing 3 to make 5 total along the starboard side. It was really easy. I just measured 1/2 way between the existing ones, drilled 1" holes using a cardboard cutout template, cut out treated plywood support plates (because the fiberglass is really thin in those spots), and then bolted it all in place. I found the same stock ones on Amazon so it looks factory installed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O0DKM0. Sorry, pictures might be out of order.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice clean work! Send to mod to Yamaha. These boats need them.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job....very clean....any reason you didnt use metal for your support plates.....I just hate wood around anyplace the can get wet?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree, we don't have enough cleats, not sure why they didn't add a few more....

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice job....very clean....any reason you didnt use metal for your support plates.....I just hate wood around anyplace the can get wet?
I don't have the tools to do it in metal and I figured if those get wet that high up then I have other problems :nailbiting:. Plus, I am only going to tie fenders to the new ones. The original outside ones are going to used to tie off to the dock. (dock, fender, fender, fender, dock)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just wondered.....but I understand the tools issue. Looks great...looks OEM....nice!

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
twice this past weekend wished I had more cleats for fenders. Definitely going to do this!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like this. It seems I always need to tie a fender to the tower, because theres not a cleat nearby. Add this to my winter project list...

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice job. Adding to my want list. Thanks for the pics and effort.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice install! I went with the quick release fender holders as I can't get my wife to figure out how to loop a rope and tie off on a cleat. Concur that if water get to that wood, you have larger problems.