• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice needed. Wiring GPS to power source.

Steve L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have an Lowrance Elite 5 HDI that I want to install on my 2016 242 Limited S. When I look under the helm, I see there is no fuse panel available to which to add a circuit to power it. Does anyone have any suggestions on options to connect power? I was also considering adding a switch panel with fuses for future add ons. Any suggestions on the best way to get power?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will be facing the same issue soon. I just wired a fuse block by the battery, but will in all likelihood add a switch panel at the helm just for convenience. I installed a 4 gang Bluesea one on my old boat and was very happy with it....so I might go that route again.....looks like this (comes in white or dark grey):
bluesea switch.jpg
You will then run dedicated power and ground lines from the battery to this and a ground bus and can then connect stuff at the helm at will.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an Lowrance Elite 5 HDI that I want to install on my 2016 242 Limited S. When I look under the helm, I see there is no fuse panel available to which to add a circuit to power it. Does anyone have any suggestions on options to connect power? I was also considering adding a switch panel with fuses for future add ons. Any suggestions on the best way to get power?
I have a Lowrance Elite 4 I just installed. I tapped into the 12v power outlet in the helm. I spliced into the wires behind the helm. Its the outlet I'd call the cigarette lighter outlet. I used these red plastic connectors to tap into the power. The Lowrance came with a fuse that I used. From what I've seen, the Lowrance units don't draw that much power.

Attachments